Georgia vs FSU

cleatus2506

All this does is show conclusively that FSU was not one of the 4 best teams at the end of the season. I hate that their season got ruined by their QB going down but that's part of the game. If the intent was to put the 4 best teams, at this point in the season, in the playoffs then FSU is proving that decision to be more correct than not.

BamaProud

I really don't think it would have mattered.

I agree it hasn't even been remotely close. Stats at the half:
1703977020331.png

Urban_Hunter

All this does is show conclusively that FSU was not one of the 4 best teams at the end of the season. I hate that their season got ruined by their QB going down but that's part of the game. If the intent was to put the 4 best teams, at this point in the season, in the playoffs then FSU is proving that decision to be more correct than not.

Lmao

No it doesn't. 16 transfers and opt outs. The entire group of starters protested this game. The portal needs to be fixed. This is why.

SC Manimal

You mean the best team in the nation is beating fsu's 2nd string is indicative of them being needing to be left out? Who did more this year? Washington, Michigan, or FSU?
Come on. Not a UGA or Bama fan and I wanted FSU in the CFP but very few people actually believed they were 1 of the 4 best teams. They earned a spot BUT we all knew this would happen.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
At first I was excited about this matchup when it was announced, but then FSU started having the weird past few weeks and it took the excitement out of the storyline that could have been. It felt like the story of two teams on totally separate trajectories. I don't like what has become of college football with opt outs, and then the unregulated transfer portal and NIL

cleatus2506

Lmao

No it doesn't. 16 transfers and opt outs. The entire group of starters protested this game. The portal needs to be fixed. This is why.
I don't argue that the portal couldn't use major work, but that's not the entire issue here! Opt outs and transfers are the individual players choices. Last season, Alabama had definite 1st round picks and weren't in a playoff game and the studs stayed and played. FSU players had every right to opt out and not play, but it doesn't change the fact that at the point in the season when the playoff selections were made they weren't remotely close to being as good a team as Georgia, Texas, Washington or Alabama. It also doesn't give FSU the right to claim they were a better team when they couldn't even play together and keep their team together for one more game.

BamaProud

They knew the first string QB was out and the backup was questionable. As far as opt-outs and transfers, every team is in that position these days, not just FSU.

I question how solid of a team FSU ever was this year with so many opt-outs and transfers.

Latest posts