Georgia vs FSU

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
This is some Biden analogy…..
History is filled with teams that won the Championship that weren't the best team. Whether it's 2 or 4 or 12 or 64 teams that make the playoffs, the best team doesn't always win. The committee doesn't have an easy job and I understand that, but even THEY know they cannot pick the best teams for the playoffs. Sports that have a multi-game series like the NBA and MLB have a far greater chance of THE best team winning the championship. It just doesn't work that way in football because of the nature of the sport.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Highly doubtful, I agree Georgia is a top 4 team. IMO Washington is the weakest of the current top 4.
I think Michigan is the weakest team, and Alabama will prove that in spades. The only thing about Washington that is weak is their defense, but I think their defense is better than Michigans offense.

JBell

Not necessarily with the way that the current selection is setup… I think that this season would have potentially had 4, but the guaranteed conference champions and G5 appointments make it to where it's not just the top 12 teams
After bowl games, depending on how lsu does, the sec could have 5 teams finish top 10. Bama, Georgia, mizzou, ole miss are already there. LSU sitting at 13 with several teams above them getting embarrassed

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
After bowl games, depending on how lsu does, the sec could have 5 teams finish top 10. Bama, Georgia, mizzou, ole miss are already there. LSU sitting at 13 with several teams above them getting embarrassed
I'm sorry, I misread your post to allude to the top 12 in reference to next year's 12 team playoff. You are likely correct

Latest posts