Tennessee vs Georgia

THEdonkey0515

Displaced_Vol":30qh17qj said:
Grandslam11":30qh17qj said:
Penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty. We are killing ourselves. Stupid target by Johnson. I would have called that too. There was no need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penalties are killing us.
Maybe I can get on board with roughing the passer but targeting with an ejection, come on?
Needed that last TD. Big play by Palmer

Edit to add weather does not seem to be near as big a factor as I thought

Got kicked for pretty much tapping helmets.

But if your standing on the sidelines not even in the game your allowed to walk up stand over a downed player spray water on him and still play.

Displaced_Vol

He's gotta sit. Are you kidding me??
If we can get out of the 3rd quarter with the score the same as it is now that will be a big win for the defense.

Displaced_Vol

gobblegrunt":1uqfyk1u said:
It's time for JG to ride the pine. He has been terrible the 2nd half with 3 turnovers. Tn defense has played really well but they are getting tired.

I think it's only 2 actual turnovers but he did fumble again deep in GA territory but Wanye recovered it.
He was so good in the first half and is the single biggest reason we let this slip away.
Of course the defense is tired they have lived in the football field the entire second half. Spent enough time on the field in the first.

Displaced_Vol

I knew GA's defense was better than our offense, and said as much, but our O-line has been totally outclassed today.

JG shoulders most of the blame. Squarely.
No disrespect to Georgia they're still a much better football team than UT, but it should have been closer than that.

THEdonkey0515

Defense played well IMO, considering how many times they had to run back out after the offense went 3 and out or tuned the ball over in Tennessee territory.

Offense looked horrible.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
If UGA plays like they did in the first half next week then Alabama will definitely beat them and it won't be close.

I'm still not convinced that Stetson Bennett IV can make all of the plays needed for UGA to be elite, and he got lucky on a couple of passes that should have been intercepted.

UGA finally has some options in the receiving game, but one of them makes stupid boneheaded penalties too often, even when not in the game. But the running game lacks the big play ability that they have had in the past few seasons.

UT played hard, and JG made some good throws early, but he definitely had some issues when UGA finally got the pressure figured out. Part of that came from UGA playing better in the secondary. UT has some great players, but don't have the depth quite yet. If CJP gets a few more good recruiting classes in then UT will be force to be reckoned with.

To'o To'o is a beast.

cbhunter

Comes down to two things IMO.

Georgia has too much depth, especially on defense. Last 4 recruiting cycles they have had two second place finishes and two first place cycles. That's hard to overcome.

And JG still sucks when it matters most. I've always been rough on him though so there's that. He did play a good half (for him)

Displaced_Vol

Agree with all points from EastTN & CB.
It's just so frustrating to be in the game for so long then have the door kicked in

Latest posts