Tennessee vs Georgia

Gravey

Hats off to Georgia. Their defense is legit. UT had momentum and the lead going into halftime and got the ball to start the second half with an opportunity to punch them in the throat but that didn't happen. I just don't understand why JG still makes decisions he does being a senior. I feel for the kid but man put the young guys in and grow with one of them.

gobblegrunt

Gravey":2niv1ehv said:
Hats off to Georgia. Their defense is legit. UT had momentum and the lead going into halftime and got the ball to start the second half with an opportunity to punch them in the throat but that didn't happen. I just don't understand why JG still makes decisions he does being a senior. I feel for the kid but man put the young guys in and grow with one of them.

It's past time for that. Put in Maurer, Shroud, or heck even Bailey. JG just isn't good enpugh to play woth elite teams. He is crippling this team.

Crow Terminator

buckaroo":15ygndmi said:
As I'm watching bama ole miss Georgia will win next week, bama defense is not so great

I feel for the Vols fans having to endure GTs miscues and mistakes. I honestly do.

As for the Bama stuff...well you gotta remember I am a realist and don't drink the hype/excuses Kool-aid. I am a Bama fan but that defense has not been hitting on all cylinders for a while now. Not just this season. In the past, people would say it's because so many key players were lost due to the draft, or because of injuries, etc. The game against Ole Miss...they are saying they had all their signals, and fire Pete Golding for being horrible for not coming up with an answer to fast tempo plays. All of that is a moot point when the players miss tackles (I think I heard the number was 38 for missed tackles) and allow numerous 3rd and LONG conversions. This is the most exposed and weakest Alabama defense I have seen. It's like I'm watching games in other conferences.

PillsburyDoughboy

buckaroo":1feo0x94 said:
As I'm watching bama ole miss Georgia will win next week, bama defense is not so great
ALABAMA Defense knows there are 4 quarters in a game and knows how to finish. Ditto on the offensive side.

Bottom line is The Alabama Defense is still pretty deep in the roster and its second string is still pretty darn stoked. It had Ole Miss Sucking fumes on the sidelines in the 4th Quarter.

Give Lane His due credit as well. He played a heck of a game against ALABAMA. He is going to be a force in the SEC.

wayne

PillsburyDoughboy":3cgqhkz1 said:
buckaroo":3cgqhkz1 said:
ALABAMA Defense knows there are 4 quarters in a game and knows how to finish. Ditto on the offensive side.

Bottom line is The Alabama Defense is still pretty deep in the roster and its second string is still pretty darn stoked. It had Ole Miss Sucking fumes on the sidelines in the 4th Quarter.

Give Lane His due credit as well. He played a heck of a game against ALABAMA. He is going to be a force in the SEC.
So you're saying the Alabama defense keep the Ole Miss offense on the field so long they got tired?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

wayne":2dvmknuf said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2dvmknuf said:
buckaroo":2dvmknuf said:

So you're saying the Alabama defense keep the Ole Miss offense on the field so long they got tired?

Read what you want and put whatever narrative you feel necessary.

In the end ALABAMA defense did what it's done for years . It ran the gas out of the tank of the opposing team by having depth in the roster .

ALABAMA second string is as strong if not stronger than most SEC 1st strings and that's a hard pill for some teams to wrap their heads around .

Saban has some work do do on the defense that's for sure . He has the right players . I'm sure he will fix the issues as the season progresses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloodtrailing

PillsburyDoughboy":16jk1een said:
buckaroo":16jk1een said:

Wow, you are really Bama blind. Make a u-turn you missed reality a ways back. Bama got torched no other way to put it. They were running around like they were on skates. They have deep issues to fix.

wayne

PillsburyDoughboy":2j3s2q9d said:
wayne":2j3s2q9d said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2j3s2q9d said:
buckaroo said:

Read what you want and put whatever narrative you feel necessary.

In the end ALABAMA defense did what it's done for years . It ran the gas out of the tank of the opposing team by having depth in the roster .

ALABAMA second string is as strong if not stronger than most SEC 1st strings and that's a hard pill for some teams to wrap their heads around .

Saban has some work do do on the defense that's for sure . He has the right players . I'm sure he will fix the issues as the season progresses .

Ole Miss had 647 yrds. 268 rushing. 86 plays on offense. Ole Miss had a greater time of possession. But the Bama defense wore them down?

Latest posts