Talk me out of a 20 gauge

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I've been looking at the 20s, but don't really need it as I'm happy with the 935. I've had for years. It doesn't drag me down too much and is deadly with LB #5s. I think maybe just trying to occupy my time since I'm tagged out. I'm considering the Stoeger 3020.

rem270

I was one who said I'd never swap to a 20 because I had enough 12 ga shells to last a lifetime. Last year I decided I wanted a red dot and didn't want to have my x3 drilled and tapped so the only logical thing to do was buy a new gun (who doesn't like doing that). Bought a 20 and doubt I ever pick up the 12 to turkey hunt with again. So no I'm not talking you out of it. Go for it lol.

Knight250

2-Step Enabled
I made the swap a few years back and will never go back. Went from a Super Black Eagle shooting 3.5 lead to a Franchi Affinity 3 with TSS. I am super pleased and should have done it sooner.
Have you shot federal TSS out of yours, mine like to hang up the spent hulls, seems like the Federals hulls are a little long?

JCDEERMAN

I bought the Stoeger m3020 earlier this year. Killed one opening morning. Just from that one hunt, I probably wont ever Turkey hunt with a 12 ever again. Love the gun

megalomaniac

I was hoping someone would have a good reason not to. I've been trying to talk myself out of it for a week now. After seeing this, I may just go ahead and pull the trigger on it!
I was really disappointed using the 20g and #1 lead buck shot for coyotes calling in the evenings since I cannot use a rifle right now during turkey season. I much prefer the 3.5in 10g for that application.

casjoker

I carry a 20 way more than a 12. Ducks, geese, turkeys, pheasant, grouse, quail, rabbits. 20ga slug gun for deer. I used to bring the 20 when my son came along, and he liked the 12. I have stuck with the 20 for the last 8-10 years. Lightweight and kills everything the 12 has. I have a Franchi that is about 20-25 years old and is a great gun. My new over-under is a 20 as well. If I ever get a new semi-auto, it will be a 20.

Latest posts