Shooting at Reelfoot

7mm08

I talked to a former Shelby County police officer about an hour ago. 12:24 on 1/27/2021.
He stated that they had a drowning case one time during the hot summer months and that
it took about 4 1/2 days for the body to float up.

with the water temperatures of the winter then it might be 10-14 days before body floats up.
They don't fire cannons anymore like in Huck Finn? Ha!
Actually all kind of science involved to make that happen.

flyinpro

Hope they find him & the facts come out. If he drowned all the facts will never be know. One fact, the most important one is two young men lost their lives for no good reason.

Displaced_Vol

I've not read or heard anything that makes much sense yet. Of course, there may not any sense to make of it.

I struggle to believe it's as simple as they shot at swing ducks and he went over and killed them, case closed.

smyrnagc

bowhunterfanatic

I watched most of the video. The host clearly insinuated that Vowell had dementia and that Vowell's family was aware of it. That is very plausible to me. Nothing about the story makes sense but if he did indeed have dementia that would help explain the seeming randomness of the shooting. Incredibly sad all the way around.

DoubleRidge

I watched most of the video. The host clearly insinuated that Vowell had dementia and that Vowell's family was aware of it. That is very plausible to me. Nothing about the story makes sense but if he did indeed have dementia that would help explain the seeming randomness of the shooting. Incredibly sad all the way around.

Agree...this is the only plausible thing at this point that makes sense....also agree that it's incredibly sad all the way around.

Mama Doe

The dementia would explain it and maybe why he ran into the woods if that's where he is. One thing is for sure, I can't get this off my mind 😢

Omega

Have to wait until he or his body shows up I guess, but my senses don't quite follow this storyline. Shoots one, changes weapons to shoot the other, but can't manage a third shot? Are these single shot or am I just missing something about how duck hunters load their shotguns? I don't know anyone involved so maybe I am way off base here but I would like to hear the perps side of the story on this, though something tells me it isn't going to happen.

RobbyW

I normally stay quiet on a lot of things I see here, because I know you rarely can change anyone's mind.

it seems some on here are trying to shift blame to either the two young men or the 3rd man that was with them. TBI knows more than we all do and they seem to be pretty sure who they are looking for. Why some feel like there is more to it, the things I have heard most agree with is this goes beyond the day of the shooting. Sounds like it has been going on all season. Why would it be so unusual for someone to hit their breaking point. And I don't care if they sat in there blind and played loud music ran donuts in their boats and cussed him while doing it. . If they were not threading his life he is in the wrong, period! You have every right to take some ones life to protect another, but over a freaking duck blind is pathetic. Trying to shift any amount of blame to the two died is a disgrace.
It really pisses me off to see people try and blame the survivor. Can you imagine have to load up your friends blooded and dead to try and get them help after watching them die. There have been no facts that point to that, none. Now he has to hear that crap while grieving and trying to forget the details he saw that day.

Don't get me wrong I respect most of the people on here, but others I lose respect for on a daily basis

Omega

I normally stay quiet on a lot of things I see here, because I know you rarely can change anyone's mind.

it seems some on here are trying to shift blame to either the two young men or the 3rd man that was with them. TBI knows more than we all do and they seem to be pretty sure who they are looking for. Why some feel like there is more to it, the things I have heard most agree with is this goes beyond the day of the shooting. Sounds like it has been going on all season. Why would it be so unusual for someone to hit their breaking point. And I don't care if they sat in there blind and played loud music ran donuts in their boats and cussed him while doing it. . If they were not threading his life he is in the wrong, period! You have every right to take some ones life to protect another, but over a freaking duck blind is pathetic. Trying to shift any amount of blame to the two died is a disgrace.
It really pisses me off to see people try and blame the survivor. Can you imagine have to load up your friends blooded and dead to try and get them help after watching them die. There have been no facts that point to that, none. Now he has to hear that crap while grieving and trying to forget the details he saw that day.

Don't get me wrong I respect most of the people on here, but others I lose respect for on a daily basis
If it was I that lit your fuse I apologize if you took it that I am blaming the survivor, I am not, but I just don't follow the storyline I am reading, all of which is second hand, since the survivor hasn't publicly written or spoke about it that I know of. But like they say, there are always at least two sides to the story, and I for one am interested in hearing both sides. If only to get a reason for the incident if one is to be had. I keep hearing that this was from an ongoing dispute, but the "official" story doesn't mention any dispute, at least not on that day.

prstide

I've said that something is awry with what's being stated and it's not to point blame one way or the other because I don't know any of the parties involved. I have a problem with the fact that all these "news stories" linked in this thread and the others have seriously contradictory info about what's taken place. One story stated it happened in a boat out on the water while the other stated it happened in the blind. There's just too much disinformation out there that's creating unnecessary confusion for those who are following this story. Everybody would be far better off with news outlets/local DA's etc not commenting at all on any details surrounding an ongoing investigation but these are the times we live in. People want instant gratification in life and that goes along with social media/news media misreporting and misrepresenting events that take place which most of the time is done to create a narrative which causes people to be tried in the court of public opinion and never stand a chance when they get to a trial by jury.
If you want to be mad one way, saying people pushing blame on the victims, be mad the other way for people calling the "wanted suspect" a POS etc on these very same threads. Unless you were there and witnessed it happen, the last time I checked in America, you are innocent until proven guilty—not the opposite which seems to happen all too often this day in time.
All that to say regardless of what events caused the tragedy to occur, it's consequences will effect a countless number of lives moving forward. Very sad for all family and friends involved.

Last edited:

Latest posts