Shooting at Reelfoot

X-Tennessean

I've said that something is awry with what's being stated and it's not to point blame one way or the other because I don't know any of the parties involved. I have a problem with the fact that all these "news stories" linked in this thread and the others have seriously contradictory info about what's taken place. One story stated it happened in a boat out on the water while the other stated it happened in the blind. There's just too much disinformation out there that's creating unnecessary confusion for those who are following this story. Everybody would be far better off with news outlets/local DA's etc not commenting at all on any details surrounding an ongoing investigation but these are the times we live in. People want instant gratification in life and that goes along with social media/news media misreporting and misrepresenting events that take place which most of the time is done to create a narrative which causes people to be tried in the court of public opinion and never stand a chance when they get to a trial by jury.
If you want to be mad one way, saying people pushing blame on the victims, be mad the other way for people calling the "wanted suspect" a POS etc on these very same threads. Unless you were there and witnessed it happen, the last time I checked in America, you are innocent until proven guilty—not the opposite which seems to happen all too often this day in time.
All that to say regardless of what events caused the tragedy to occur, it's consequences will effect a countless number of lives moving forward. Very sad for all family and friends involved.
Very good post and very true.
Thank you

ewc

It's pretty easy to see reading these "news" reports and by perusing Facebook posts that some of these "journalists" were basing their info from Facebook, not reality.

Unprofessional. But not surprising from the media.

My opinion only.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It's pretty easy to see reading these "news" reports and by perusing Facebook posts that some of these "journalists" were basing their info from Facebook, not reality.

Unprofessional. But not surprising from the media.

My opinion only.
I agree.

Crappieaddict

Thanks Crappieaddict. I hope everyone on here watches this video.
My BIL is a pastor in Greenfield. He sent it to me this morning. One of these young men had attended his church. I'm on the opposite side of the state and have only been to Reelfoot one time, so I do not know any involved.

smyrnagc

The survivor has shared his side of the story with TBI and the District Attorney:

Jcalder

Did the guy who were shot have an issue with the old man or not. Multiple times it has been mentioned they argued all season, and now the investigators are saying they have no motive. So which is it.

Omega

Did the guy who were shot have an issue with the old man or not. Multiple times it has been mentioned they argued all season, and now the investigators are saying they have no motive. So which is it.
According to the video linked a couple posts above, there was no argument, no confrontation. The mental illness angle may explain a lot of the inconsistencies too.

DeerCamp

Here is the most credible version I have heard from WREG Memphis

Crabtree said the three went to hunt around 6 a.m. Around 9, a boat approached the blind with David Vowell inside. He approached and asked if he could hunt out of the blind, and they said yes.

Crabtree said Vowell was in the process of getting out of his boat, and Crabtree thought it odd that Vowell was loading his gun, because normally you don't load your gun until you get to your hunting position.

According to Thomas, Crabtree said he turned around and heard a gunshot. He saw Zach Grooms was shot in the chest with a shotgun and shortly after that, Chance Black was shot in the side.

Crabtree managed to wrestle the gun away from Vowell, then threw the gun in the water and knocked Vowell out of the boat he was in.

Crabtree then took off to shore to get help and last saw Vowell standing in waist-deep water.

Latest posts