Reelfoot follow up

wildside

Made it out Monday afternoon to go see our blind(rd27) and sure enough it was sheared off at the floor. We lost everything inside the blind but did manage to recover about 80% of our decoys. Oh, We did find one other item which is a mr buddy heater attached to a 5 lb propane tank. The tank was floating and the heater was buried in the mud still connected by the hose. Glad no one hit it in a boat. Recovered our decoys and got out of there. We ended up finding a public timber hole close to black bayou refuge and scratched out a few mallards. I will say if your going out there this year and get drawn you have to eat at boyettes. Some of the best eating I've had in a while. Sadly, eating was the highlight of the trip…. Oh well we will try it again next season.
I was telling my buddy that the crappie fisherman are going to snag some crazy items this spring if they fish in our blind area hahah.
did you have green metal siding?

Chaneylake

They haven't had crappie in many moons.
In times past, it was legal to commercial fish for crappie on Reelfoot Lake, and crappie was an offering in the area restaurants. To my knowledge, no other lake in TN allowed the commercial fishing of crappie, except Reelfoot.
Correct imo. They allowed going on memory commercial fishing for crappie and allowed restaurants to sell the fish platters all to reduce population and increase size

TheLBLman

Last edited:

Latest posts