Late season duck hunting at Reelfoot - Any good?

A207X2

Looking to get some information on late season (January 2024) duck hunting on Reelfoot Lake. How is the shooting in January, and who would be some recommended outfitters? Thanks.

CBU93

Definitely a go in my lifetime experience. Curb your expects tho. If you like the whole 15 people in a blind and "we" killed X many number of ducks it cool experience once or twice…I want more interactive on my part though and knowing exactly what ducks I killed and everyone else as well so there is no confusion on bands or breeds….

A207X2

Definitely and experience.
Jarred Poore
731-446-7646
Thank you! I spoke with Jarred on the phone. Wonderful guy. He's booked for the exact dates that I have available, but we've exchanged contact info, and had some good discussion. Will definitely connect with him for next season.

wildside

Thank you! I spoke with Jarred on the phone. Wonderful guy. He's booked for the exact dates that I have available, but we've exchanged contact info, and had some good discussion. Will definitely connect with him for next season.
what are your dates? I can see if we have any room in our blinds.... Need number of hunters as well.

rem270

I got a text from Ben Parker last week. He was reaching out to all the old clients about booking some hunts. He had several days open and the prices had dropped back to what it was when we booked the first time in 2018. The lodge we stayed at was nice (minus the one year in a different house) and they treat you good. The duck hunting sucked tho. No fault of their own because they can't control it but Reelfoot is nothing like it used to be. If you want to go stare at blinds 200 yards around you and everybody trying to work the one duck seen all morning then more power to them.

They still have some good shoots there 3-3-4 days a year but it's few and far between.

A207X2

I got a text from Ben Parker last week. He was reaching out to all the old clients about booking some hunts. He had several days open and the prices had dropped back to what it was when we booked the first time in 2018. The lodge we stayed at was nice (minus the one year in a different house) and they treat you good. The duck hunting sucked tho. No fault of their own because they can't control it but Reelfoot is nothing like it used to be. If you want to go stare at blinds 200 yards around you and everybody trying to work the one duck seen all morning then more power to them.

They still have some good shoots there 3-3-4 days a year but it's few and far between.
Thanks for that post rem. Why is it that way? Is the area over-hunted? Too many blinds for the ducks? What's different now on Reelfoot from 10 years ago for example?

Latest posts