Shooting at Reelfoot

UpperTully

I'm beginning to wonder if Vowell is dead at this point. If he is his body could be any where and dragging that lake would be a nightmare with the underwater stumps and dormant vegetation

If he is hiding at Reelfoot, I suspect he'll be coming out soon. It dropped down to 33 last night, winds out of the north at 13. Cold, exhaustion, hunger and possibly wet will get the best of anyone regardless if you're a Olympic swimmer or not.

Chaneylake

I'm beginning to wonder if Vowell is dead at this point. If he is his body could be any where and dragging that lake would be a nightmare with the underwater stumps and dormant vegetation

If he is hiding at Reelfoot, I suspect he'll be coming out soon. It dropped down to 33 last night, winds out of the north at 13. Cold, exhaustion, hunger and possibly wet will get the best of anyone regardless if you're a Olympic swimmer or not.
It takes a dead body a little longer to float up in cold water

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

If he was able to get into some of those blinds, a lot have heat, and some form of food and water in them. I know ours does on Ky Lake.

Antler Daddy

Gossip is just part of life. I'm interested because that area was in my territory.

I just realized that there is a good chance I met victim Chance Black if he was at Final Flight in 2017.

I'm also certain that I have met the accused David Vowell. I spoke with his brother many times. The family has owned a building supply business in Martin forever.

Chaneylake

Surprised he's not been found yet, alive or dead. Local radio out of Knoxville reported on the story today.
I talked to a former Shelby County police officer about an hour ago. 12:24 on 1/27/2021.
He stated that they had a drowning case one time during the hot summer months and that
it took about 4 1/2 days for the body to float up.

with the water temperatures of the winter then it might be 10-14 days before body floats up.

UpperTully

It takes a dead body a little longer to float up in cold water
That would be correct.
Colder Water temps slow down the decomposition process and takes longer to build up internal gases which floats the body.

You were told right by the Deputy though. I have worked drownings and seen them take longer than 14 days to come to the surface. I've seen some never come up because they were tangled in debris too.

However, if he is out there alive. I'm sure he'll come out in the near future.

UpperTully

If he was able to get into some of those blinds, a lot have heat, and some form of food and water in them. I know ours does on Ky Lake.
While that is possible. I'm sure searching every possible duck blind on that lake is or has been checked during helicopter search using thermals.

Mama Doe

I talked to a former Shelby County police officer about an hour ago. 12:24 on 1/27/2021.
He stated that they had a drowning case one time during the hot summer months and that
it took about 4 1/2 days for the body to float up.

with the water temperatures of the winter then it might be 10-14 days before body floats up.
I hope it's the authorities and not some poor fisherman find him 😳 My biggest fear hunting and fishing. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about pulling up a body. Yick 🤢.

PillsburyDoughboy

from Burton S Staggs Page

Attachments

• 15762A2D-586B-4B0B-89DA-E10018937E3F.png
    15762A2D-586B-4B0B-89DA-E10018937E3F.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,868

Tom Collins

Something smells with this, can't quite put my finger on it, but something just doesn't add up.
What I don't understand is how or why did the boys not shoot back? Tells me it was an ambush and they weren't expecting it at all. I mean think about it, all 3 had loaded shotguns and this lunatic was able to kill 2 of them.

Latest posts