Accident at Gooch

gasman

Anyone heard anything about a guy that got thrown from his boat this morning? @cbhunter and myself were in the blind this morning and heard a commotion at the blind across from us. Then someone started hollering "HELP" then we noticed his boat just running in circles. We jumped in the boat and started towards the blind but 2 other boats beat us to him so we backed off and went back to our blind. Talked to one of the guys that helped and he said that the guy was alive at the time but didn't know anything else. Just wondering if anyone has heard and knew the status of the guy.

Also.... I'm guilty of not doing this but will do it from now on. Wear your kill switch lanyard. It could save your life.

Last edited:

cbhunter

That was a scary feeling to witness. Well sort of witness…it was something like 10 minutes before shooting light.

His friends were 10-15 yds away but in the blind with no boat. I can't imagine how helpless they felt. Just thankful someone got there and fast. It was a diff level of cold this morning and to go under water is scary.

Hogfan94

What blind? We hunted this morning but didn't know anything about it. Always try to have a guy with you when you go out in the boat in these temps.

gasman

What blind? We hunted this morning but didn't know anything about it. Always try to have a guy with you when you go out in the boat in these temps.
Blind 7. We were in 6. Blind 3 and 4 got to him pretty quick. My throttle cable was froze on the mud buddy so we were having to idle over to him.

Kayden

Anyone heard anything about a guy that got thrown from his boat this morning? @cbhunter and myself were in the blind this morning and heard a commotion at the blind across from us. Then someone started hollering "HELP" then we noticed his boat just running in circles. We jumped in the boat and started towards the blind but 2 other boats beat us to him so we backed off and went back to our blind. Talked to one of the guys that helped and he said that the guy was alive at the time but didn't know anything else. Just wondering if anyone has heard and knew the status of the guy.

Also.... I'm guilty of not doing this but will do it from now on. Wear your kill switch lanyard. It could save your life.
Yes sir he's is perfectly fine he was my friend I was in the truck and he was coming to get me and my friend thanks y'all's so much for being there don't know what we would have done without y'all. Can't think y'all enough!

Kayden

So how did he fall out exactly?

Glad he is ok!
So I was not there but he was telling us… he said he got to close to the tree and hit a stump and since the boat was completely empty all the weight on the back just tired the boat early and he got knocked in… but he had to grab a tree to stay up glad y'all were there and got to warm him up.

cbhunter

So I was not there but he was telling us… he said he got to close to the tree and hit a stump and since the boat was completely empty all the weight on the back just tired the boat early and he got knocked in… but he had to grab a tree to stay up glad y'all were there and got to warm him up.
As gasman stated, we tried to get there with a frozen throttle cable but backed off once we saw two boats racing there well before we could make it. Main thing is, someone got to him. Great news

Latest posts