Seek One’s dilemma

BSK

I like this post. Who cares what he does…..? You do you! Stay in your lane. That's what's wrong with a lot of this world today. People don't mind their own business.
Problem is, their business affects all of us hunters. They - along with everyone who posts hunting content on social media - play a role in our image to non-hunters. Their image is terrible. I hate that their actions reflect on me as a hunter.

kaizen leader

Problem is, their business affects all of us hunters. They - along with everyone who posts hunting content on social media - play a role in our image to non-hunters. Their image is terrible. I hate that their actions reflect on me as a hunter.
Unfortunately the haters are going to be haters no matter what you say or do. So do what is legal and be happy. Eat some venison. 🦌👌

tellico4x4

In my post on page 1, I referenced two brothers & the Drury hunting show. I have no idea if Drury's knew it was a neighborhood kill or not, just wanted to clarify. The season after they made the show, they hit me up about joining my club and even though I had openings I said no thanks. They did manage to get in the adjacent club to my west and the club president was over the moon. These guys promised to bring in new equipment, free buck on a bag seed from vendors, promote the club online, blah, blah... I don't know exactly what happened so won't mention it here, but after deer season & before turkey opened there was a big blow up and they were kicked out of club. These type of "hunters" are simply stroking their egos & there are no limits ( legal or not) to what they will do to accomplish it. Remember Spook Spann?

deerhunter10

It's not a dilemma for him, he is getting out in front or the issue before it starts. His ego is bigger then any world record deer. He is awful for the hunting community. I have been around quite a few "professional" hunters and I'm telling you yal wouldn't defend most of these people. I and thankful I saw the writing on the wall early and didn't go down that road. Sketchy is not even close to what a lot of those guys do.

BSK

It's not a dilemma for him, he is getting out in front or the issue before it starts. His ego is bigger then any world record deer. He is awful for the hunting community. I have been around quite a few "professional" hunters and I'm telling you yal wouldn't defend most of these people. I and thankful I saw the writing on the wall early and didn't go down that road. Sketchy is not even close to what a lot of those guys do.
I have had the great fortune (or possibly misfortunate) to be around while several popular hunting shows were being filmed. It was those experiences that turned me off of hunting shows forever. I learned very quickly that what you see in the finished edited program has no basis in reality.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Not taking up for them at all, but unless we get serious about limiting development and protecting land, that's all our kids will have to hunt (and it won't matter because society will have deemed our lifestyle unacceptable and banned hunting by then anyways)
Accurate

XCR-2

I'm good friends with professional fisherman and hunters. I'll be the first to tell you that especially a pro fisherman has that ego and personality of being out for number one. If they didn't then they wouldn't have chosen the careers that they did. It's not a team sport. But that's neither here nor there. I actually think that they're giving hunters a pretty good rep. Seems like on film anyway that they are strictly law abiding by not trespassing, getting written permission by knocking on doors and donating meat. They pray to God on camera which is rare, and have that brotherhood mentality. Other shows you won't see any of that. Like I said before, I could care less what anyone does or how they choose to live their life. It's none of my business. If I don't like a show I don't watch it, but if a 200" deer shows up in a neighborhood that I can hunt…….He dead. Especially with velvet on his head 😂

BSK

Well to me it's a wild animal. I don't care where they live they aren't tame. If he comes on a property you can legally hunt I have no problem with it. 1000 other things must go right also. Jmo
Then you haven't spent much time around suburban deer. I run right next to them in the suburban neighborhoods. You can run so close you can touch them. That makes them a tame deer.

batten_down

Then you haven't spent much time around suburban deer. I run right next to them in the suburban neighborhoods. You can run so close you can touch them. That makes them a tame deer.
What are the ethical means of "managing" these deer? Isn't legal take by a hunter one of those methods? Isn't filming it the real issue with the seek one haters? These are legitimate questions

muddyboots

You're right No deer like that anywhere around me. We even have the Shiloh military park here. Those deer aren't that tame. To me - and this is just me- tame deer live in fences.