Recommend me some boots

lightsareout

I need to get a new pair of hunting boots. I hope I can meet all my needs in one set but it may not be possible. I would like to be able to cover from bow open till end of season in January. Being from Wisconsin and this is my first fall/winter in TN i'm not certain what to expect for weather. I would also like the boots to be water proof for pushing through muddy conditions and standing water.

Would a 800 gram thinsulate pair be too warm?

Rollo

I started wearing Danner Pronghorns but they lack insulation, and they are not all rubber. I like a lace up boot if I'm climbing or hiking a lot. Doesn't help on scent control but there are remedies for that. On colder mornings I carry a small fleece blanket and wrap my feet. Does the trick. Why not a mid weight boot and insulated boot covers? Might be tough if you hunt from a tree sling though...

gunhuntr

I just took a gamble on a pair of Cabelas Quest. Theyre 400g thinsulate cost $110 but they've surprised me for the price.

lightsareout

If i wanted something good for bow season would rubber boots be a good idea? I could be doing a fair amount of walking on WMAs so i see the pros of water proof and better scent control but then suffer in comfort and ability for long treks.

Big question is i'm going to Alabama next weekend and the weather will be in the 50-60s. So I have an immediate need for a set of boots that I could double duty for bow and then get a set of something insulate later.

I picked up a pair of these but now that i think about it they might not be a good choice?
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... t&i=778019

Latest posts