Snake boots or gaiters

Jim Fred

Looking to buy a new pair of non-rubber hunting boots and want to also address snake bite prevention. All these recent winter time snake sightings got me definitely wanting to address it. What snake boots or boots/gaiters recommendations and advice do you guys have for me? Appreciate the shared experience in advance.

Last edited:

Chippy

Looking to buy a new pair of non-rubber hunting boots and want to also address snake bite prevention. All these recent winter time snake sightings got me definitely wanting to address it. What snake boots or boots/gaiters recommendations and advice do you guys have for me? Appreciate the shared experience in advance.
I'm going on a hunt in Texas and I'm also gonna have to find some! I was in bass pro recently and they had some that almost looked like hip waders for around $140 I believe! That's currently winning for me

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
I have a pair of gaiters from Academy that are around $40. They can get a little hot but not awful for leave of mind. There's a pair out there whose name escapes me but they're around $200 but supposed to be lightweight and not hot.
Turtleskin i believe is what you are referring too. I have always heard great things about them. Personally, have never had a pair of those.

Chippy

I use these. The are decent for the price. Not uncomfortable as long as I don't put them on too tight. I have not "tested" them and hope I never have to, but they seem like they would do the job.

Amazon product ASIN B005CI1LFI
BT
Yeah I don't want to test them lol! I found a pair of neoprene boots that lacrosse makes that are snake proof but man I don't know about that!!

BSK

I wear snakeboots year round. The one time I had to "test them" was in January! I find Rocky Snakeboots fairly comfortable, but not for long hikes across rough terrain. Plus, I don't know anyone selling insulated snakeboots.

Latest posts