Lowa boots

Gravey

Think I'm gonna invest in a new pair of boots that will be used for hunting and hiking and looking at these 2 Lowa boots. Any experience with them?
IMG_5205.jpeg

doubledownranch

I have the Renegade GTX and I like them pretty well. The sole feels hard on the bottom of my feet, I think they need an insole but I've not bought a pair yet...

Still prefer my Crispi boots over Lowa.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

The Renegades are a lightweight hiker. Super comfortable out of the box with a lightweight flexible sole. The Tibet is a heavy duty very stiff soled boot that is heavier and geared toward heavy loads and steep terrain. Two totally different boots. Great quality boot.

Dbllunger

Not really familiar with that brand but have a pair of Oboz hikers that feel crazy good on my feet. The support is incredible and you feel like they are a part of your foot. Well built and lightweight. They would be incredible turkey boots. Not real sure about keeping warm though.

wcw280

I've hunted and put many miles on boots. I've worn the exact boot you're looking at. The kennetrek mountain 400gram insulate boot is by far the best boot I've ever worn. Lighter than the lowas when you wear them and tough as nails

1984dog

I bought the Renegade and they are supper comfortable and supportive in the ankle area. My only complaint is the smell of the soles. They have a slight odor to them and after about a half dozen hunting trips, I can not get rid of the smell. If I can smell it, I know the deer can smell it. I put lots of scent cover (including Evercalm) and even put them in a box with my Ozonics - and they still have that slight odor. Anybody got any suggestions of how to get rid of this smell?

Gravey

I've hunted and put many miles on boots. I've worn the exact boot you're looking at. The kennetrek mountain 400gram insulate boot is by far the best boot I've ever worn. Lighter than the lowas when you wear them and tough as nails
I tried the Lowa Tibets but sent them back because I decided I need some insulation. Ordered the Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 400 and they seem to be the ticket. Only walked up and down the hallway a few times but they're comfortable and lighter than they look. Almost went back to Danner Pronghorn 400 but for a little more money figured I'd buy once and cry once. My last pair of them starting leaking bad after a few years. Just hoping I can get these between the gear shifter and floorboards on my 4-wheeler.

wcw280

I've had danner pronghorns. You just stepped into a new league of boots in kennetreks. About 60 miles in they get broke in well. I've put mine through CO several times Alaska twice and everyday hunting in TN for the past 6 years. Never leaked on me.

Dan Boone

After experiencing foot and knee pain after a day of turkey hunting over mountainous terrain, an outdoor outfitter recommended Lowa Renegade GTX boots to me. They are the most comfortable boot I have worn. I wear them about 75% of the time when I am deer hunting and all the time when turkey hunting.

Gravey

After experiencing foot and knee pain after a day of turkey hunting over mountainous terrain, an outdoor outfitter recommended Lowa Renegade GTX boots to me. They are the most comfortable boot I have worn. I wear them about 75% of the time when I am deer hunting and all the time when turkey hunting.
I bought them too primarily for turkey hunting so haven't had them on except for in the house but they felt great and hope the do as well in the woods and trails as I think they will.

wcw280

I currently have a pair of lowas and kennetreks. Both great boots but kennetreks fell lighter and if I'm walking all day they get the nod.

Mattt

I use a pair of lowas for work. Climbing poles. I absolutely love my kennetreks but not for climbing poles. Elk,deer,all around the Kenny's are great. Had good crispi,sportivas. Archery and good weather I use asolo everything else gets the Kenny's. Having said that, currently trying schnees, really like the boot, but having a firming issue with one foot that has nothing to do with the boot.

Latest posts