Official 2015-2016 Deer Season Kill Thread

stik

meat!!! Christmas eve Loudon co doe

Attachments

• 12390873_10205637343119411_3046592234324818191_n.jpg
    12390873_10205637343119411_3046592234324818191_n.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 3,024

Deer Assassin

Well started off the season with 6 buck tags filled 3 should of filled 4 but made a bad shot with smoke pole early in october.
I have always said i dont give a crap about antlers and proved it this year. I did pass 3 real good bucks earlier this year but this close to the end when i saw this fella i said to heck with it.

I had my lil unicorn buddy come in again , i have seen him several times and he is the dumbest deer in the woods, i swore i would shoot him just didnt have the heart to this eve. The this boy came in 50 yds in the thicket his fate was not as good.
i guess i may shoot a doe or 2 but i really need to get to work on the race car.

nef 308 winchester single shot

30/30 DA improved load
170 partition rn over 44.1 re15 2540 fps

you can not beat the partition

this smiling crap is getting old so glad it is almost over

Deer Assassin

I have taken several kids, my son, my wife for their first deer, and this year a 46 year old co-worker for his and is is the best thing you can do as a hunter. Big bucks, big does, long shots, multiple kills mean nothing compared to the happiness of some one killing their first deer, but not just the kill shot but the before, during, and after and all of the process involved.

Blake has been my hunting buddy for 2 years now. He has had the worst luck of any kid I have ever taken to the woods. Fog, warm weather, rain, and even smoke has ruined his chances at a deer. He has always taken it with a grain of salt and carried on. He has sat in heated shooting house to freezing in a ladder stand in giles county. He has hunted Cheatham county, williamson county Giles county and houston county and we got it done in montgomery county.

This year has been hard motivating him to get to the woods as at age 16 he is more into the 2 legged deer than the 4 legged. His schedule is worse than a business man. I have tried to teach him some life lesson via the woods and hunting to include not giving up. Things in life dont always come easy you have to work for it but that makes it so much better when it happens.

Another lesson is sometimes you cant do it all by your self you have to ask for help. I am so thankful for big lefty 20 (Matt) for the opportunity he gave us to hunt giles. We actually saw deer for the first time but they were just to far out 270-300 yds. But hey we saw deer.

I saw the thread by os2 outdoors (matt powell) about offering up a hunt for less fortunate hunters in the serious forum. I thought what the heck. Well we won.

I want to say this Matt and Ben (Benkharr) and Tyler were the best host. It was nice to meet country boy 053 as well. I got to see Matts 182 buck that topped my 181 and it was impressive to say the least. These guys are hardcore archery hunting big buck killing fellas but were cool as hell to let some folks come out and shoot a doe and buck with a rifle on their best spots.

All I can say is mossy oak can eat their heart out they dont have jack on these guys hunting places.

We dropped tyler off in the middle of nowhere to hunt with sasquatch then Ben,myself and blake rode up to about 100 yds to the shooting house . We spotted 2 deer in the plot. As we made our way to the house the button buck started blowing and ran off and the doe went to the upper field. We got settled in Blake made a great shot 136 yards. the 120 NBT did the trick. Watch the blood shoot out of the doe. She ran off the edge of the field and died.

We waited for 2 hours till the turkeys showed up and then a 5 pointer came out. Blake was ready to shoot it. 185 yards he busted it. It ran off field and about 60 yards in the woods and expired.

We spent the next hour watching things you only see on tv. It was unreal. A great experience for him and me.

We got to meet Ben's dad he was tickled for Blake you would of thought he had killed a big one. It just showed the kind of people we were hunting with. I really enjoyed hunting with Ben we had great conversation and both enjoy hunting.

Blake had the time of his life and was on cloud 9. These are the memories he will cherish forever and the people named above are the ones responsible for it. We took the deer over to his parents they were both very happy for him

It was a great team effort. With a great result.

doe
montgomery county
dressed 45
136 yds
rem 700 sf 7/08
120 nbt over re15 2869 fps

buck 5 point
dressed 105
185 yard shot

THE MUST WATCH VIDEO ..........................

https://youtu.be/T4RSWdQRA28

Deer Assassin

got up in the ladder stand on back field 225 pm

242 big mama comes out 188 yds bang hit the ground get up on hind legs and does the hokey pokey and drops dead

302 another comes out 192 yds great shot ran 40 ish

i texted benkharr told him i am going to have to start videoing my hunts

great way to end the year

rem700 sf 7/08

120 nbt 2869 fps
houston county

and so my bud hillbilly dont have to guess

doe dressed 85
doe dressed 53

my new scarf katie crochet for me i love it and it is warm

Ridgeraider

God blessed me with this old doe this morning. I've seen her several times this year, she's the lead doe and she busted me a couple of times. She good size and had quite a bit of gray hair on her back.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,828
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,835
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 2,839

duckduck84

Finally, after 4 seasons I can finally say I got not one deer, but two this morning! Doe ran out with a few others and shot her. 3 minutes later the little button buck came running out, stopped at about 80 yards and down he went. Great end to this season and start to 2016!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,831
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 2,822

bigtex

Pretty good year as far as putting meat in the freezer. Deer sightings were down and hunting was tough here on the farm, but luckily with these two bucks and the Antelope I killed in Wyoming we should have enough meat to last till next season.
First deer I killed during M/L season, second one I killed on New years day.

Deer Assassin

hunted long and hard this morning (for me any way) i was in a tree till 11
didnt see squat I think i heard a few in the thicket before light.
got a lil subway and slept like a baby in the f-250
thought id try something different this eve and hunt the front 2 fields that i have never done

saw 3 at 4:15
busted 2 no good shot on 3

drove the truck to them got down early so i could get home and in bed hunting henry county in am long drive

found a 10 point in the woods too

good day

rem 700 bdl ss 7 saum
150 nosler e-tip 2950 ish

Deer Assassin

well come on it me did you really think i killed a monster lol

Had an absolute blast today
i have been going since 2:15 this morning i am beat
I got to hunt with kentuckylakebuck and his wife the avid bow hunter even in January

we dropped her off the parked my truck and headed to a shooting house
at first light yote come in 19 yds i hit it a lil back but good shot it stood there and KLB drilled him
7/08 x 2 was more than he could stand

then we sat there and talked for several hours and did see crap, probably due to us running our mouths

his wife seen some turkeys and a few does

we then proceeded to murray KY for lunch .....yep taco johns
it was there first time had a great lunch

headed out for the eve hunt i was up in a 1 man ladder stand in some pines KLB was in the bottom and his wife was on a lil food plot

on cue at last light several does came up i took the lead doe 38 yd neck shot
I have killed several in henry county so killing one wasnt a big deal although the last one was in 2007
i just really enjoyed the company and the food it was a great great day
even got to see some classic old mopars
even though i bleed ford blue i can appreciate old classic muscle cars

Deer Assassin

Man what a great great hunt today. I got to meet up with Landman to check stewart county off my list, and man did we do it.

2:50 we were easing up to the plot and sure enough there were some does on it. I set the rifle on my shooting stick... bang flop 7 saum 150 e tip 2959 mv she dressed 107 82 yds

We skirted around the plot and made it to shooting house. Jimmy climbed in and I got to the top of ladder there is another one.
3:02 hanging on the ladder bang she made it 10 yds at most 81 yd shot 7 saum dressed 60

we sat down in the blind and started talking I was like i wished i had brought my AR r-15. he was like go get it. so i humped it back to his ford raptor 6.2 hauled but back jumping deer the whole way got to my truck got the ar. hauled but back got in the house.

had a buck come out watched him for a bit then another buck and the 6 does @300 one was borderline cow elk
i will dream about that doe. Could of taken her but wanted one close for the r-15

4:30 big momma 69 yds r-15 53 barnes tsx 3208 fps busted onside shoulder exit behind off side shoulder ran 40 yds if that dressed 97 lbs exit was good size

just a great hunt. the absolute best was when jimmy said " that was the best hunt i have had and not pull the trigger"
that statement made my day

a lot of good conversation I am sure i talked his ears off .
all i know if i hit powerball tomorrow i will be having dinner with jimmy thursday and will make him an offer he cant refuse heck i may even by his truck :D

very thankful to get this county checked off, help thin some does, and help his buddy with some jerky

223 entrance

exit

kind of a milestone deer 225 first with my r-15

Deer Assassin

the ole 223 kills another

had a nice evening hunt about 5:09 it stepped out 72 yards hammerd it to the ground
53 gn barnes tsx 3208 fps remington r-15

i saw a few mules donkeys
they came in early and fed off through the woods

then i watched puss puss catch mice for an hour

easy45

The wife and I had a good last day, I got this doe around 4:30 and she got an 8 point with one minute to spare.

b06ebebfc13f77db87ef497fad0dc052.jpg

fde7dcb06ec6132c030d0ebee5ea6f4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts