Official 2015-2016 Deer Season Kill Thread

jm1981

PillsburyDoughboy":viaxpt39 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":viaxpt39 said:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son with the big 9 in some decent light

Anyone want to take a stab at the score?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

118 give or take a couple

AllOutdoors

9 pt.
8d88e297005eac72c391f7997dc739d3.jpg

11-22-15

slangstrang

Went on a hunt with True Pursuit Adventures in Mountain Grove, Missouri. It is a free chase, no high fence outfitter with around 7,000 acres. These guys are the cream of the crop when it comes to service and providing a good time. Look them up. Shot a mature 10 and it was one of 10 bucks killed on our trip. One of the biggest! Guess I have a lucky rabbits foot near me somewhere!!!

Attachments

• Missouri Buck 2 11.20.15.JPG
    Missouri Buck 2 11.20.15.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 2,452

Deer Assassin

What a great hunt.
Today was a bitter sweet day in the woods. I got a chance to hunt in Giles County Tn for the first time since the only other time I ever hunted there back in 2010 with Jeff Bentley NBForrest That was a great day with a great friend although I still wonder if he gave me crazy directions to the tree stand on purpose just so I would wander the woods for 2 hours running every deer on the lease over to him. Well it worked he killed a great buck that day I believe Mike Burnette has the mount. Jeff was weak from chemo and I remember him texting me to come over and help drag it out. Id give any to drag that deer again. As I sat there today and I thought about Jeff often. On the way home there was a beautiful sunset as I drove up I-65, there was deer every where. I thought to my self I have a truck load of deer (3) and I know Jeff is up in heaven with a big ole smile.

I got to hunt with big lefty ( Matt) today. We did some horse trading earlier this year and I wound up loading some 223 hunting rounds for his AR for a chance to knock off Giles county off the county list.
He put me in his best stand mean while he see a lil buck like 5 does he busted 2 then a spike running 6 does around.
Meanwhile I am in the honey hole well seeing nothing. I had one blow from the thicket behind me. Then I caught 3 does creeping thru the thicket busted the first one high shoulder straight to the ground the second I hit 1/4 too a little to much it was so thick and my eye are getting bad I dont know hit behind shoulder exit in front of rear ham she walke 40 yds wobled beaded down the I put one in the base of her neck. by 7 30 we had 4 down.
then I had a beautiful 7 pointer 16 inch wide and very tall at 50 yds for about 10 minutes
i thought about it matt was like shoot him. well the 2 buck limit saved another for 4 minutes till he walked on the next farm and got shot.

The eve hunt i set up about 2:15 on the big field had a super super sweet n tender step out. 155 yds i busted it on the road by 4 headed home gonna hunt perry tomorrow.

110 barnes ttsx 7 saum 3675 fps muzzle vel

the first 2 were like 43 and 46 yds

all 3 pass through
bullet held together through both shoulder .284 in aprox .50-.75 out
I was amazed the held up at high speed

looking for some longer range test subjects tomorrow

oh mike belt did i mention this smiling thing sucks

dylanmcd

New to this site but I am looking for a good hunting spot around Shelby, Fayette, Tipton county area. Had good land in Mississippi but my family sold it to pay the bills so looking for a spot near home to finish out rifle/ bow season. Any suggestions?

Winchester

Me and boys East TN.

Attachments

• mehigh8pt15.JPG
    mehigh8pt15.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 2,096
  • 8sbigeme15.JPG
    8sbigeme15.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 2,096

Latest posts