Official 2015-2016 Deer Season Kill Thread

Buzzard Breath

Pic deleted. 3 posts in and someone craps on the thread with their personal vendetta. Is it impossible to have a positive thread anymore?

8/30/2015
Arizona

PillsburyDoughboy

Oh please make sure its at least a 4 year old deer that you post so it passes the QDMA Nazis here. Don't want you posting any young ones and getting snobbed. :bash:

infoman jr.

I've got your QDMA approved kill. ;) No deer this morning.

I normally try to take a better picture, but I wasn't touching that nasty thing.

What is this making the kill pic thread with no kill pic. :poke:

Back Home

This is yesterday's 4 Point I killed from 14 yds. Saw 13 total yesterday morning. We had rain the night before, then it cleared off nicely. This buck came walked up on me at about 6:45 am eating acorns under a low canopy of small maples.

Watched him give two saplings heck as he rubbed the bark off like he meant business. Pretty cool to watch. Waited for a good shot for about 10 minutes. I've learned my lesson twice about NOT taking that quartering to shot. But I must have flinched because I shot right. Entrance was guts, exit was liver, luckily. He ran 15 yds toward me, got wobbly, and laid down just a few feet in front of my stand. Hated to watch him slowly die so I put another through his lungs and heart. Pretty sure this was deer #30 and the first ever killed on opening day/weekend.

One strange thing I noticed that I'd never seen before was the does getting spooked by thr dead buck. I didn't know a dead deer would spook them. Two sets of does walked in and had the same reaction as soon as they saw him... foot stomp, body language...

I'm blessed and lucky to be able to get out and have so much fun. As far as fun goes, there's nothing better than climbing a tree with my bow. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season. Y'all be safe. *cross-posted on another forum*

6ca8d082bd3cc28795f31c3c2dfdcf87.jpg

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Back Home":3aoks4su said:
One strange thing I noticed that I'd never seen before was the does getting spooked by thr dead buck. I didn't know a dead deer would spook them. Two sets of does walked in and had the same reaction as soon as they saw him... foot stomp, body language...

Maybe the smell from the gut hit? Just a guess, but I have seen them catch wind of something they didn't like and do that. Congrats on a fine deer.