No tags filled yet

gtorq21

Hello gentlemen. I've been hunting for roughly 6 years now. Still learning so much every season. This year I didn't prepare and made a lot of mistakes and am paying for it. So it's the last 2 weekends of the season. I feel as though I over pressured my land. I spooked deer almost every time I went out. So I'm playing it really conserythis next 2 weekends. My question is I read that this time of year is better off on evening hunts. Should I stick to strictly evenings at this point?

GOHUNT

Hello gentlemen. I've been hunting for roughly 6 years now. Still learning so much every season. This year I didn't prepare and made a lot of mistakes and am paying for it. So it's the last 2 weekends of the season. I feel as though I over pressured my land. I spooked deer almost every time I went out. So I'm playing it really conserythis next 2 weekends. My question is I read that this time of year is better off on evening hunts. Should I stick to strictly evenings at this point?
If you have a good food source they do tend to return day after day to the same source….and I'd say yes, evenings.

gtorq21

I hunt my father's land. Thin line of woods bordered by cow pasture and more private wood properties. Just got back from a successful hunt. Got a beautiful mature doe at 140yds. Man she's got a lot of fat on her. Very thankful for this kill

gtorq21

IMG_2516.jpg

gtorq21

Thank you all. Happy to join this forum. Hoping to learn a lot from y'all. Very thankful for the meat and life she gave. Also didn't want to get rusty on my processing knowledge. Just curious how do y'all dispose of the carcass. I made a large fire while quartering her and burned the bones as I went along

Huntaholic

Thank you all. Happy to join this forum. Hoping to learn a lot from y'all. Very thankful for the meat and life she gave. Also didn't want to get rusty on my processing knowledge. Just curious how do y'all dispose of the carcass. I made a large fire while quartering her and burned the bones as I went along
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms! Being blessed to live in the country like I am, Ive got a spot where I dump all my carcasses.

gtorq21

I definitely intend on being on here a good bit reading and learning. What do y'all think is the average size/weight for a mature doe in middle TN.

Latest posts