No Sireee!! No way I’d crawl in!

Ski

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Remington700

My dad has a box stand that looks like that each year. He waits until a cold snap and goes and kills them all.

Bodine270

I keep wasp spray in my blind. My son was the first to hunt in it this year and thankfully went during the last cold snap we had. It had a big nest covered with wasps right above the door. Close call!

Knothead

I keep wasp spray in my blind. My son was the first to hunt in it this year and thankfully went during the last cold snap we had. It had a big nest covered with wasps right above the door. Close call!
I do the same. But I usually go out a few weeks before season opens and spray any nests and kill every one I can find in my shooting houses.
This year, I tried an experiment to see if it was wives tale or fact: I bought some peppermint oil and mixed a ratio of oil and water in a spray bottle. Went out in the summer and sprayed around any small cracks around windows and doors real well. When I checked in October, not a single nest anywhere.
Maybe there is something to that.

rifle02

I climbed into a shooting house that hadn't been hunted for a while when I was a guest on someone else's property. In the light of my headlamp I noticed a bug bomb or can of wasp spray as I opened the door. I looked up at the ceiling and saw nothing. Stepped in and as I was getting situated I noticed the floor was crunchy like I was walking on corn flakes. The floor was a half inch deep in dead wasps and the bug spray can was empty. Thank God for modern chemistry.

Black Titan

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to call them waspers. My wife a retired school teacher has been correcting me for 44 years for saying waspers instead of wasps.

I grew up calling them waspers but somewhere along the line I shortened it to wasps. Not sure when or why.

BT

Latest posts