CWD zone hunting yet?

backyardtndeer

Good grief, a fight over acorns this year!?! Send one of em over here. I'll shoot this one, you shoot that one and we should be clear of those 2 big appetite gals.
Weird behavior, but the dominant doe had her two fawns with her. She charged at and ran off the other doe, and left her fawns munching acorns under me. I like having the live decoys though, especially right now

bowhunterfanatic

Had 2 different buddies kill 8 points in McNairy County this evening. Neither huge but both very solid deer. One of them was sparring with another buck in a standing bean field. Not sure on the story with the other.

backyardtndeer

Last minute trying to decide on which stand I am going to this morning. Really thinking I am going to a new stand I just put in that has never been hunted. Down side is that I will probably bump deer getting to it, and hope they don't watch me climb in it. That or the stand I killed both my deer from last year.

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

Absolutely beautiful morning. A little chilly, but almost no wind. Bumped a couple, probably does, walking in, was in the stand about 45 minutes before legal shooting light. Had some issues with service and pics attaching.
20231031_071817_HDR_(1).jpg

Last edited:

Andy S.

Went "doe" hunting this morning in Unit CWD, and OF COURSE, saw 7 different bucks, 0 does. Hunted until 10:45 before I had to get down and get to other commitments. Best two bucks were 3.5 year old 115" 7 point and 3.5/4.5 120" 8 point. These two bucks were together in some CRP at 50 yards, kind of in the shade, so hard to see entire body of 8 point and make a firm determination. He was trailing first buck, blockier build, and far more attentive and uneasy than the 7 point that was recklessly scraping every 25 feet, thus why I think he was likely 4.5. Worth mentioning, I have FOUR cameras on this 40 acre block of woods/CRP and I did not pick up any of these bucks this morning as they slipped near and around me and cameras. Do not let cameras/photos dictate your willingness/motivation to go hunting! More times than not, they do not tell anything close to what is really going on around them.

Last edited:

gatodoc

Saw 12 this morning in Fayette county best was 2 2/2 yr old six….several young bucks running around stupidly

Does with yearlings worried our yote population has gotten high again and reduced fawn recruitment

Latest posts