CWD Video

Tn Joe

No point or agenda to putting it out there.
I wasn't aware that you had already seen it last week. You don't have to watch it again. But, if someone else wants to watch it, it's there for them to watch.
I wasn't trying to be a smart azz just wondering if maybe I'd missed something important in the video. Plenty of folks on here have had deer test positive for CWD.

Last edited:

fairchaser

I thought the video was well done and accurate. He hit the nail on the head with clarifying several misconceptions about CWD. The difference between two approaches and the outcomes for each was eye opening. Those who think we should have just let it be and let nature sort it out should take heed.

MickThompson

This place makes some good points, especially with the DNA testing for CWD resistant bloodlines.

Deer Farming Channel... deer farming has undoubtedly accelerated the spread of CWD across the country. They have a lot to lose (or gain) by trying to discredit the current best science (granted, it's pretty limited) on the subject. At best they are going to shape the truth to present their industry to cast themselves as the savior of deer we do desparately need- can we really trust the captive wildlife industry to solve a problem caused by captive wildlife meddling?

They have a lot more to gain by marketing a "resistant" deer than an actual CWD-proof animal if such a thing ever existed.

Omega

Deer Farming Channel... deer farming has undoubtedly accelerated the spread of CWD across the country. They have a lot to lose (or gain) by trying to discredit the current best science (granted, it's pretty limited) on the subject. At best they are going to shape the truth to present their industry to cast themselves as the savior of deer we do desparately need- can we really trust the captive wildlife industry to solve a problem caused by captive wildlife meddling?

They have a lot more to gain by marketing a "resistant" deer than an actual CWD-proof animal if such a thing ever existed.
Take it with a grain of salt of course, but the fact that they are testing the heck out of their deer, after just one positive, and no other deer tested positive. Again, take it with a grain of salt but he does make some good points.

Lost Lake

This!

MickThompson

Take it with a grain of salt of course, but the fact that they are testing the heck out of their deer, after just one positive, and no other deer tested positive. Again, take it with a grain of salt but he does make some good points.
I take anything from a deer farmer with more salt than TDOT put down on I-40 this week

JJ3

I thought the OP video was nicely done (The Truth About CWD video) — he did a good job of summarizing what I've read and learned about CWD over the 5 years since it was discovered in Tennessee. And it aligns with the info that has been distributed by TWRA.

Last edited:

Latest posts