2 die cwd

DeerCamp

As soon as I saw that the article called it a "zombie deer disease" I knew it was garbage.

The "science" basically goes like this:

I eat deer. Deer often have CWD. I'm eventually going to die. Therefore I died from eating "zombie deer disease" infected deer.
That's not at all how the science went in this case.

2 hunters died from CJD, which is a prion caused disease that is quite rare. To have 2 closely related cases with no genetic link is quite interesting.

Researchers simply reported this case WITHOUT drawing conclusions and the MEDIA created a sensational article out of it.

"Science" did everything right here.

MidTennFisher

That's not at all how the science went in this case.

2 hunters died from CJD, which is a prion caused disease that is quite rare. To have 2 closely related cases with no genetic link is quite interesting.

Researchers simply reported this case WITHOUT drawing conclusions and the MEDIA created a sensational article out of it.

"Science" did everything right here.
That's kind of what I meant by quoting the word "science". What passes for someone saying they "trust the science" these days is really that they trust an article that conveyed a point they already wanted to believe as truth.

Media creating sensational articles like that is nothing more than anti-hunting propaganda. Trying to scare people away from hunting by saying eating a deer in a CWD zone could kill you.

DeerCamp

That's kind of what I meant by quoting the word "science". What passes for someone saying they "trust the science" these days is really that they trust an article that conveyed a point they already wanted to believe as truth.

Media creating sensational articles like that is nothing more than anti-hunting propaganda. Trying to scare people away from hunting by saying eating a deer in a CWD zone could kill you.
Completely agree.

There is no bigger enemy in America than for profit Media.

usanglure

As soon as I saw that the article called it a "zombie deer disease" I knew it was garbage.

The "science" basically goes like this:

I eat deer. Deer often have CWD. I'm eventually going to die. Therefore I died from eating "zombie deer disease" infected deer.
No You died from Covid, because some one around you had it at one time.....