CWD zone hunting yet?

muddyboots

Nah, it should either be unit CWD or not, shouldn't just be subject to the restrictions and not the other CWD stuff. At this point, they should either admit that the other things were not well thought out, and stop them, or continue them as counties go positive.
The cwd rules are ridiculous. I do not want them. I hear it from too many of the McNairy buddies.

agelessssone

Went "doe" hunting this morning in Unit CWD, and OF COURSE, saw 7 different bucks, 0 does. Hunted until 10:45 before I had to get down and get to other commitments. Best two bucks were 3.5 year old 115" 7 point and 3.5/4.5 120" 8 point. These two bucks were together in some CRP at 50 yards, kind of in the shade, so hard to see entire body of 8 point and make a firm determination. He was trailing first buck, blockier build, and far more attentive and uneasy than the 7 point that was recklessly scraping every 25 feet, thus why I think he was likely 4.5. Worth mentioning, I have FOUR cameras on this 40 acre block of woods/CRP and I did not pick up any of these bucks this morning as they slipped near and around me and cameras. Do not let cameras/photos dictate your willingness/motivation to go hunting! More times than not, they do not tell anything close to what is really going on around them.
That is definitely a fact!
Last year I had two cameras out while I was hunting. I had 9 different bucks walk near my stand and only one showed on camera!
So, I don't take camera photos as gospel.

Omega

The cwd rules are ridiculous. I do not want them. I hear it from too many of the McNairy buddies.
Who is McNairy?
I'm not too sure that all the rules are good or bad, I will let the "experts" decide that, but some type of even handedness should be applied. I will work with what ever rules they set but I sure wish I could work with one set of them.

gatodoc

Processed the two does we got. Took the heads to a TWRA freezer for testing. Freezer was full of doe heads only saw one Buck head.

Hunted this evening. Only sighting was a 2 1/2 yr old six point wondering around making no attempt at eating. Rut here should start in a couple or three weeks. The six points gonna be hungry before it's over.

tntrkkllr

Processed the two does we got. Took the heads to a TWRA freezer for testing. Freezer was full of doe heads only saw one Buck head.

Hunted this evening. Only sighting was a 2 1/2 yr old six point wondering around making no attempt at eating. Rut here should start in a couple or three weeks. The six points gonna be hungry before it's over.
Every one getting them extra buck tags for the rut lol

mike243

Ok so has hunting with a rifle from start of the season till the end ruined it for you all dropped herd #s a lot ect?

Latest posts