Elk, winter kill, tags, CO.

Madbowh

Colorado might have been hot like some other states for winter kill on elk. I'm still going this year.

The unit I hunt and the ones that have the same code for applying that I hunt in have a 67% decrease in cow tags and shortened the hunt by 4 days.

I'm not mad I think they did good. They left the bull tag count alone and dropped a lot of cow tags. I think this is the right move. Given they didn't touch bull tags they could've left the season days alone but it's ok. I think cpw does a decent job but also really contradicts themselves. 1-2 years ago they released wolves, we'll an old man with cows went to a seminar cpw had about wolves and while there lost 18 calves to them how stupid.

Anyway I've been out there now a bit and I see more and more how dumb twra is after dealing with cpw. Harvest numbers were down in Catoosa so they left doe tags alone and dropped bonus buck count.... idiots.

Westnvol89

TWRA is pitiful and a joke. After traveling to several other states hunting and owning ground in another state, it's very clear how sorry our agency is.