Elk Draw Opened today

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I gave them my $12. First time applying for TN. KY elk application period is open also, 500 tags.
Yes, but they have made it harder and harder for out of staters to get drawn. Not mad at them, it's their prerogative, but I just choose not to play their game with those rules.

I wish that TN did not allow for so many out of state hunters in the elk draw. Should limit it to one or two max. But it's about revenue and expanding the market

cecil30-30

Leave it to TWRA that their website with the Elk Zones doesn't match up with the draw options. They don't even have maps or information for Zones 8,9 and 10.

And the link in the Elk Hunting guide is Page 404 Blank.
I just clicked every other unit for the elk hunt. Lol I have no idea where the elk are and I only live 30 mins from the area šŸ˜†

mike243

I picked a area that see's less 4 wheeler traffic as far as I know, but it's sidexside traffic now, it's about ruined for hunting in some area's and a lot of walking is needed now

megalomaniac

Yes, but they have made it harder and harder for out of staters to get drawn. Not mad at them, it's their prerogative, but I just choose not to play their game with those rules.

I wish that TN did not allow for so many out of state hunters in the elk draw. Should limit it to one or two max. But it's about revenue and expanding the market
HUH???

I WISH out of the 10 tags available, 2 were automatically assigned to nonresidents annually.

to my knowledge, only ONE nonresident has ever drawn a TN elk tag in the 10 or 15 years of the drawing. There have been several who won the auction tag and paid thousands however.

The odds of a NR drawing a TN elk tag has got to be less than 1/100,000 based on prior draw statistics.

but I get what you are saying, no way I would keep putting in for TN elk tag as a NR with such poor odds if it weren't free for me to apply (lifetime license holder)

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
HUH???

I WISH out of the 10 tags available, 2 were automatically assigned to nonresidents annually.

to my knowledge, only ONE nonresident has ever drawn a TN elk tag in the 10 or 15 years of the drawing. There have been several who won the auction tag and paid thousands however.

The odds of a NR drawing a TN elk tag has got to be less than 1/100,000 based on prior draw statistics.

but I get what you are saying, no way I would keep putting in for TN elk tag as a NR with such poor odds if it weren't free for me to apply (lifetime license holder)
I understand your desire as an out of stater that you would want a bigger piece of the pie, and as a resident I would be more amenable to it if it wasn't such a limited resource. I may put in all of my life wanting to kill a TN elk and never get drawn. I can hunt elk in other places multiple times in my lifetime if I wanted, but they are not TN elk from my state of residence, nor are they so close to home.

More and more western states are cutting their tag pools for out of staters, and their herd sizes are immensely larger than TN's. I don't know why TN has increased their allowances for out of staters for such a limited resource.

mike243

You have as good a chance as me, lifetime won't be penalized for living out of state I wouldn't think.

Latest posts