First Scrape Opened

tellico4x4

This is historically the first one every year at our place. It'll be big as a truck hood by November. I haven't even gotten a pic of a hard horn buck yet šŸ¤£

eea692cc-1d13-416a-b3df-77489cadc62d.jpg

BSK

I post my most interesting trail-cam videos on Google Photos for the other hunters in my group to see. And one thing about Google Photos is they send you "reminders" of photos/videos taken 1, 2, 3 or more years ago taken on a given calendar day. Today, I got a "reminder" of videos taken two years ago when we had out last heavy acorn crop, and it was videos of bucks already checking traditional scrapes (at least working the overhanging limb) on today's date (Sept 12) in 2021. So scrape activity in a good acorn year this early is not unusual.

bowhunterfanatic

I walked over 3 scrapes on the edge of a standing corn field this weekend. Found it somewhat odd for this time of year in my area. They definitely weren't community scrapes though. I figure one buck that was getting ready to shed probably made all 3 but that's just a guess.

tellico4x4

Today, I got a "reminder" of videos taken two years ago when we had out last heavy acorn crop, and it was videos of bucks already checking traditional scrapes (at least working the overhanging limb) on today's date (Sept 12) in 2021. So scrape activity in a good acorn year this early is not unusual.
That scrape is on transition line of pines and a huge hardwood hollow. Twenty feet on other side is loaded with chestnut, white & red oaks.

Buzzard Breath

I guess I'm going to have to go walk our place this weekend and see if there are any traditional scrapes opened up. I'll have to dig a couple cameras out to take with me.