Muzzleloader accuracy

str8arrow

During the Muzzleloader hunts I often remove my 209 Primer and leave the woods and replace it when I hunt the next day. My question is; Do you know or believe that if you leave a muzzleloader loaded over a short period of time (like 2 weeks) does it lose any accuracy? Thanks!

Bone Collector

I don't think so. I usually load mine and just remove the primer. when I have shot it has hit the mark most times. When I have missed, it was because I jerked the trigger.

They only thing I can see happening is powder getting wet and then the gun may squib fire. If my ML gets wet, I unload, run patches, throw the old powder out, and reload.

Snake

During the Muzzleloader hunts I often remove my 209 Primer and leave the woods and replace it when I hunt the next day. My question is; Do you know or believe that if you leave a muzzleloader loaded over a short period of time (like 2 weeks) does it lose any accuracy? Thanks!
I've left mine ( not intentionly) all year , just shot it the other day and it was right on . Question to me would be if it would fire ? Two weeks should be no worry unless by chance it could have got the powder wet or damp causing a miss fire or slow fire .

Union Co. Boy

Not as long as she stays dry and avoid drastic temperature changes. Leave her loaded and let the smoke roll!

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Best to take that primer off. I think if you get stopped a TWRA Officer or local police you might have problems over a loaded weapon in your vehicle.

knightrider

Best to take that primer off. I think if you get stopped a TWRA Officer or local police you might have problems over a loaded weapon in your vehicle.
Only if your on a wma or other regulated grounds, its not against the law to have a loaded weapon in your vehicle if your legally able to possess a firearm

str8arrow

9FDB2E3F-6F11-41EF-A468-9251F5D5C9B9.jpeg
Well just to give yall an update. After 24hrs it's still on target! Got er done!

Latest posts