Muzzleloader hit no blood

Snake

Yep. Shot one once and all i found was a tuft of hair. Found him during grid search approximately 100 yards away. Perfect shot too. It happens.
Was the hair brown or white . Get on his track if it's brown . I tracked one down one year after a friend had given up
He thought he'd missed until I asked him to show me where the deer was. Found brown hair and I told him you didn't miss . No blood what so ever . I got on the deers track and after about 75 yards started seeing blood then found the deer about 125 yards from where he shot him .

44 mag

Yes. I used power belts for one season shot this deer (at the time the biggest of my life). Bullet zipped straight threw zero blood. I got luck and stumbled on him about 40 yards away doing a grid search.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 70

TIGGREM2

He was in a field then ran into the woods. I have covered the area where he was shot and went to the woods line. We did a grid search as best as possible but there is also alot of thick brush. I gonna hit it again tomorrow and keep an eye out for the turkey buzzards see if there circling the area . It just sucks cause last year my son shot one we tracked for 12.5 hrs over two days with a dog and never found him . He laid down stop bleeding and walked off so this one hit me hard not finding another one shot

cbhunter

Dang I had no idea muzzleloaders didn't leave blood trails. Mine do. Barnes. Try them. I think you will be satisfied.
Yeah this one bled like stuck hog yesterday. With that being said, same bullet last year and had ZERO blood when my nephew made a perfect shot with same gun/bullet

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0952.jpeg
    IMG_0952.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 82

philsanchez76

He was in a field then ran into the woods. I have covered the area where he was shot and went to the woods line. We did a grid search as best as possible but there is also alot of thick brush. I gonna hit it again tomorrow and keep an eye out for the turkey buzzards see if there circling the area . It just sucks cause last year my son shot one we tracked for 12.5 hrs over two days with a dog and never found him . He laid down stop bleeding and walked off so this one hit me hard not finding another one shot
I hate that for ya. I Really hope you find him tomorrow. My deer from a few days ago had only been in the woods 15 hours or so and there was already buzzards circling. GL tomorrow.

tug

A little late on this project, but the start of putting the puzzle together is the hair found where the animal was standing. It takes study and experience to find it, and to read it correctly. But that is the start, not the first drop of blood, which may or may not ever be found.

mike243

The only bullet I hated was the shockwave, shot several that was about the same size out as in, 1 of them I shot twice, double lung shot through left side ran 30y and dropped, reloaded and here she came back after hitting the field, shot her through the right side spun completely around then turned straight away through the hay field, went 100y and died, hits were a 1" or so apart. shooting smokeless, 43g N110 so plenty of speed. It was rare I got a pass through with powerbelts but most of the deer fell right where they were standing.lower chest blood trail right from the start, upper has to fill up before spilling, hit guts and they will stop blood from leaking, they are tough animals with a strong will to live, No bullet is guaranteed a blood trail or a bang flop, after my muzzle loader my 243 has given me bang flops, had more runners with my 300wm but blind man can follow blood trail

Remi

I've never used the Hornady sst or the Traditions.

Harvester Scorpion PT Gold in a black crush rib sabot, best combo I've ever used in a muzzleloader.

Hope you find him.

Latest posts