Muzzleloader WMAs

MuzziLoaded

Thanks for all the suggestions. My thinking is that any public areas not allowing centerfire may have less competition and this newbie may have better results.
Anyone know of others?
Or, of any in KY or north GA?

Last edited:

Rakkin6

Thanks for all the suggestions. My thinking is that any public areas not allowing centerfire may have less competition and this newbie may have better results.
Anyone know of others?
Or, of any in KY or north GA?
Well I would not say less competition. Fort Campbell and Fort Knox are ML/shotgun only and there are quite a few hunters.

TboneD

Well I would not say less competition. Fort Campbell and Fort Knox are ML/shotgun only and there are quite a few hunters.
Yeah, although Percy Priest WMA would get more pressure if centerfires were allowed it's still heavily hunted due to its location, which is obviously why they aren't allowed.

MuzziLoaded

Thanks @Rakkin6 and @TboneD that is helpful info.
Would anyone be willing to PM me with some suggested areas within few hours of Maury that would be good to start scouting?

Last edited:

TNCharlie

Thanks @Rakkin6 and @TboneD that is helpful info.
Would anyone be willing to PM me with some suggested areas within few hours of Maury that would be good to start scouting?

Closest would be Yanahli which is on the edge of Columbia. Williamsport is on the western edge of Maury. Laurel Hill is outside Lawrenceburg. There is one outside Waynesboro (having a brain fart on the name - Eagle something??). Natchez Trace is a little farther away. I may be forgetting one or two, but that should get you started. :)

gladesman60

Closest would be Yanahli which is on the edge of Columbia. Williamsport is on the western edge of Maury. Laurel Hill is outside Lawrenceburg. There is one outside Waynesboro (having a brain fart on the name - Eagle something??). Natchez Trace is a little farther away. I may be forgetting one or two, but that should get you started. :)
Eagle Creek, lots of logging going on in there right now.

TheLBLman

My thinking is that any public areas not allowing centerfire may have less competition and this newbie may have better results.
Logical thinking, but I suspect generally you may find the opposite.
Many areas are made shotgun/muzzleloader only due to crowded conditions and proximity to urban areas.

Same can be said for some archery only areas, although most archery only areas would be under less harvest pressure than shotgun/muzzleloader.

Latest posts