Muzzleloader hit no blood

K-dub

Had this happen often on close shots. Start making circles where you think he was standing and look for blood. If it was high it could take a few to fill up and hit the ground to see the blood

backyardtndeer

What was his body language? Sometimes hard to see before the smoke clears, but maybe you saw how he reacted? Have seen a few over the years that didn't bleed right away, mostly deer my wife has shot. Best advice I could give would be to keep on looking. If you hit him good, you should eventually find some blood or the deer.

philsanchez76

Dang I hope you find him man! Get you a hound!.

unfortunately ive experienced this quite a few times as well. This is the entire reason I switched to a smokeless muzzleloader. Most standard muzzleloader loads are going pretty slow (1500-2000 fps) and the projectiles don't seem to open up very well. Hasn't been an issue with the smokeless in the 2500-3000 fps range.

Keep us updated on this!

killingtime 41

Get a dog if you have to. I'd say if he dropped his head and tail he was most likely hit no guarantee though. Maybe a liver hit who knows really. But peace of mind is worth whatever a dog cost is

Latest posts