Straight wall cartridges for muzzleloader?

If straight wall cartridges become legal during muzzleloader will you use them?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

redblood

how would that play out if you were hunting on private property with owners permission? the same, i hope.
i'd be more concerned with being shot by a trespasser under those circumstances.
Im not sure. I do know that you do not have to wear it on land you own. Not sure about permission farms. I certainly wouldnt go without orange even on land i owned, if i thought it was unsafe to do so

Wooden Arrow

i wear an orange toboggan/hat/bandana out in woods if any hunting season is open. a fellow was shot and killed by a muzzleloader in Unicoi a couple of years ago while trout fishing. not gonna give someone a "get out of jail free" card for shooting me.

FLTENNHUNTER1

That's one of my dream rifles right there. Beautiful. Was it a conversion, or was that one of the factory ones?
Factory.

200 grains using 4-50 grain pellets and a 250 grain bullet this thing is a hammer.

The fit and finish of this rifle is stellar. Absolutely beautiful. The trigger pull is outstanding.

bowtechgump

I appreciate your question and the response to it, by others. It gives understanding to why the border is open and both taxes and inflation are high. I personally believe that muzzleloader should be truly that.......I actually believe that it should have been able to stand on primitive. You have archery, for the hunter, muzzle loader for the opportunity.....and rifle for the average student in class whose parents love them and hope that they will find their way.

Wooden Arrow

personally believe that muzzleloader should be truly that.
this! limit it to sidehammer rifles, either cap and ball or flintlock. but i think archery should be recurve, longbows, flatbows, or self-bows and wooden arrows too. don't get me wrong, i'm not a troglodyte . i just think sometimes we stretch definitions far beyond the true meanings. if you like crossbows, exploding hollowpoints, laser guided carbon arrows with expandable broadheads with drug-filled pods or claymore mines hooked to your cell phones, i'm okay with that...during rifle season. quit trying to reinvent the wheel!

bowtechgump

this! limit it to sidehammer rifles, either cap and ball or flintlock. but i think archery should be recurve, longbows, flatbows, or self-bows and wooden arrows too. don't get me wrong, i'm not a troglodyte . i just think sometimes we stretch definitions far beyond the true meanings. if you like crossbows, exploding hollowpoints, laser guided carbon arrows with expandable broadheads with drug-filled pods or claymore mines hooked to your cell phones, i'm okay with that...during rifle season. quit trying to reinvent the wheel!
I agree! Crossbows aren't archery hunting. I will say that I am a fan of compound bows......because you people suck at shooting deer with guns. I mean let's be honest, you are hunting a yard goat that doesn't like fences.

TboneD

I dont think there is any chance of twra changing muzzleloader season, so these 13 pages were just pointless arguing anyway
Although my answer to the poll was yes, I agree and certainly hope you're right. I honestly don't understand what straight wall cartridges have to do with muzzleloading other than the fact that neither represent modern technology.

Wooden Arrow

TWRA changes like any money based prostitute. They are simply useless paycheck cashers.....they are one step above the grocery bagger who still put cleaners in the same bag as produce.
i have problems with a few of them here putting only one item per bag. i've got more bags than WalMart does...:mad:

Biggun4214

If TWRA made straight walled cartridges legal during ML season the they would lose license revenue. The state legislature would have to open the license law and amend it. When a law is opened any legislator can add an amendment whether it is appropriate for that law or not.

Latest posts