Lithium batteries

EastTNboy

Any one have the down low on somewhere to buy these cheap? I went to go buy some for my trail cameras this year and they have skyrocketed in price. A 24 pack last year cost me $28. This year this same pack is $65. No way I'm paying that.

Dodge Man

I found some good prices on batteries on Amazon.

Bevigor Lithium Batteries AA, 96 Pack 1.5V 3000mAh Lithium Double A Battery, High Performance AA Batteries for Security Camera, Flashlight, Microphone, Smart Sensor, Alarm System (Non-Rechargeable) https://a.co/d/cn2r72y

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

JCDEERMAN

Lets see here. If i save 20cents a battery and use 100 batteries a year. I just saved $20. Wow! Almost enough to fill 2 more Brownings.
I get all the jokes folks have 🤣. It is funny and I love making fun of my penny-pinching uncle. But it is all relative. If you run a couple cameras, no biggie. I run 20, so it's a little different. I saved 50 cents a battery by an online store someone posted on here. A single camera that takes 6 batteries, that's $3 in savings on a single camera. Two of my reconyx cameras take 12 batteries each, that's $6 each in savings. That's just 3 cameras for example and of those 3 cameras, that's $15 in savings. That's not even counting the other 17 cameras. It adds up

Boll Weevil

Something to consider; I use 80% rechargeables and 20% lithium. In even cellcams snapping/sending pics daily this combo lasts months before I need to replace the rechargeables only.

BSK

Something to consider; I use 80% rechargeables and 20% lithium. In even cellcams snapping/sending pics daily this combo lasts months before I need to replace the rechargeables only.
Just don't try rechargeables in a black-flash camera with a powerful flash recording video. Having the powerful flash on for 10 to 20 seconds each time drains them FAST.

TheLBLman

I believe we all tend to lose any talents we don't use.
Being a good steward of your money is one of those talents.

Lithium batteries can allow you to be a better steward if they save you costly trips.
Even better if you can get a better deal on them at the time of purchase.

I've personally had poor results using rechargable batteries in some cell cams, but do use them a lot in some non-cell cams (with good results). But note that many cams today are designed to work best only with lithium batteries.

TheLBLman

Just don't try rechargeables in a black-flash camera running video. That drains them FAST.
My experience as well, even with still pics, with certain cams.
I have several Browning Dark Ops models (black flash) which do not work well at all with rechargeable batteries, but are fantastic cams with lithium (and they require only 6).

With many of the newer cams now (at least if not running video), you only need to replace batteries once annually if you're running lithium batteries.

Boll Weevil

Good point that I didn't consider since I'm only doing still pics so no video battery drain but can totally see how this is the case.

Andy S.

Interesting. Everything I have read states "do not mix battery types", so I have never thought otherwise. How long have you been doing this? Which rechargeable? I mainly use Eneloops in my Reconyx black flash trail cams (non-cellular, picture only), and they perform a lot better in cold weather than in piping hot summer months.

BSK

If you look at Trailcampro's reviews, the Browning Spec Ops Elite HP5 will last 30 months (that's 2 1/2 YEARS) using lithium AAs on still camera mode (estimate based on 35 pictures per day). Yet the camera will only run 2.6 months using video (15 videos per day). Although my HP4s ran from August until early January last year in video mode on a single set of lithiums. Just one camera started to die in late December due to battery drain (it would cut night videos short but still record day videos).

Boll Weevil

Andy, I've used energizer, eneloop, and duracell rechargeable mix/match with lithium for years (knew nothing of the guidance not to mix/match). Especially on cell cams way back in there 2mi in that aren't checked often, can generally get through the entire deer season never replacing. Just going on memory here, I'll replace in the dead of winter and get thru turkey season.

I can't remember the last time I bought batteries.

Bgoodman30

Andy, I've used energizer, eneloop, and duracell rechargeable mix/match with lithium for years (knew nothing of the guidance not to mix/match). Especially on cell cams way back in there 2mi in that aren't checked often, can generally get through the entire deer season never replacing. Just going on memory here, I'll replace in the dead of winter and get thru turkey season.

I can't remember the last time I bought batteries.

I've noticed lately that they now make rechargeable lithium batteries. Now this might be a game changer.. Anyone tried them?

Boll Weevil

^This...haven't done a whole lot of homework but game changer indeed. As my traditional rechargeables die I might start slowly converting to these.

Latest posts