Lithium AA batteries?

TheLBLman

you get around it by putting in another zip code . then once you add to your cart, you can you the actual zip code you need, I had the exact thing happened and tricked the online system brother! (try a Chicago area code for the fake one), then change make to TN once it works!
Well, I tried multiple zip codes, none worked for me.

I hope that "joke" isn't on you, as you may pay, but then be on back-order for the next year.
Personally, I don't trust them to ship this timely, even if do find a way to "trick" them into accepting my order.

Speedwell-Hunter

Well, I tried multiple zip codes, none worked for me.

I hope that "joke" isn't on you, as you may pay, but then be on back-order for the next year.
Personally, I don't trust them to ship this timely, even if do find a way to "trick" them into accepting my order.
odd, if so, I will just get my money back, not to worried and worth the risk, as the cheapest for energizer brand on amazon is $1.86 per pop

Mr.Bro

What make/model camera? Lithium batteries (make sure they are authentic, be careful with eBay), or a solar panel if camera is compatible and will be stationary for several months or longer. Also, Tactacam just came out with a rechargeable lithium battery pack if you have a Reveal. I have no experience with it, but you might want to research it if you run Reveal cellular cameras.

Tactacam Lithium Cartridge Rechargeable Battery

*** On a side note, I have historically purchased Lithium AAs at Sam's Club at the best price available. In the last 6 weeks, they have increased price twice. This is the latest price in my neck of the woods. ***

View attachment 142356
Bought the same 18 pack 4 weeks ago for $27 at Sam's.

Speedwell-Hunter

wow, amazon has gotten bad!

on July 5 I ordered 2 24-packs of energizer lithium AAs: $37.32 per pack before TN tax; $81.54 for just two packs total after tax!!!
That is $1.69 a battery (tax included)!

That link on amazon is now dead and only available through 3rd party vendors, which makes them worse

JCDEERMAN

Do you think the lithium are that much better? I was going to do a test in two identical cameras and see. your analysis?
Yes, by FAR! No comparison between alkaline and lithium. Two different animals altogether.
Agree with Andy. They are by far superior. One thing though, make sure your camera is set to the right type of battery you are using. This will give you an accurate gauge on the battery life. Many of the newer cameras have this option. Example, if you have it set on "alkaline", but put lithiums in there, the battery gauge will say 100% up to the point they die. Regardless, you'll get much more life out of the lithiums

Andy S.

Just talked to Office Supply. They are legit. The lady said "add ONE" quantity to cart for any zip code, then update quantity in cart when checking out, or input different zip code at the beginning as mentioned above if you want to start of with 5-10 in cart, then change address/zip code when checking out with shipping address. Two different ways to trick their system so you can receive stock that is not in the nearest warehouse to where you are shipping items. Sounds like to me they (Office Supply) will lose some profit on additional shipping charges based on these "work arounds".

For $1.37 per battery, it is worth it if you need them.

Mr.Bro

OTE="Andy S., post: 5385133, member: 131"]
$27 before or after tax? Next time you are in Sam's, I highly suspect $27 will be no where to be found.
[/QUOTE]
Before tax. Buy at Sam's at most any price. Walk in walk out never worry about shipping porch thieves or junk lookalike batteries that don't work.

TN Larry

Just talked to Office Supply. They are legit. The lady said "add ONE" quantity to cart for any zip code, then update quantity in cart when checking out, or input different zip code at the beginning as mentioned above if you want to start of with 5-10 in cart, then change address/zip code when checking out with shipping address. Two different ways to trick their system so you can receive stock that is not in the nearest warehouse to where you are shipping items. Sounds like to me they (Office Supply) will lose some profit on additional shipping charges based on these "work arounds".

For $1.37 per battery, it is worth it if you need them.
I just added one to the cart, updated quantity, and it worked. Just bought a 3 year supply unless I buy more cameras. :)

TheLBLman

Well, I got lucky! 🙂
Was driving by a Sam's a little while ago, decided to stop, run in, and, if they even had them priced a bit high, go ahead and get enough AA lithiums to run my trail cams thru the next 12 months. As I've learned "the hard way" too many times, a bird in the hand is worth many in the bush.

There was a battery display kinda close to the entrance, but it wasn't the one I'd normally seen near the store center. By golly, they had a good supply of AA lithiums, but there was no price on the display for them.

Before loading up my buggy, decided to quickly go see if that big center battery display was still there. It was! And there were AA lithiums priced there at $27.99 for the 18-packs!

But not end of story.
Go to check out, and these 18-packs were ringing up at $32.98 each :confused:

Called over a clerk, told her they were priced $27.99 at the battery display, she went and checked, said that was in the process of being changed, and they just hadn't exchanged the $27.99 sticker for $32.98 yet. So she would still give me the display price 🙂

Sorry to report I was likely the last person to buy them today at Sam's for $27.99. But the good news is Sam's (nationwide) still appears to have a decent supply available at $32.98 per 18.

My apologies for contributing to the upcoming shortage, and I truly hope it's not as bad as the toilet paper shortage a couple years ago.

But whatever you anticipate needing to get you past the upcoming deer season, might be wise to get them now asap.

Speedwell-Hunter

Well, I got lucky! 🙂
Was driving by a Sam's a little while ago, decided to stop, run in, and, if they even had them priced a bit high, go ahead and get enough AA lithiums to run my trail cams thru the next 12 months. As I've learned "the hard way" too many times, a bird in the hand is worth many in the bush.

There was a battery display kinda close to the entrance, but it wasn't the one I'd normally seen near the store center. By golly, they had a good supply of AA lithiums, but there was no price on the display for them.

Before loading up my buggy, decided to quickly go see if that big center battery display was still there. It was! And there were AA lithiums priced there at $27.99 for the 18-packs!

But not end of story.
Go to check out, and these 18-packs were ringing up at $32.98 each :confused:

Called over a clerk, told her they were priced $27.99 at the battery display, she went and checked, said that was in the process of being changed, and they just hadn't exchanged the $27.99 sticker for $32.98 yet. So she would still give me the display price 🙂

Sorry to report I was likely the last person to buy them today at Sam's for $27.99. But the good news is Sam's (nationwide) still appears to have a decent supply available at $32.98 per 18.

My apologies for contributing to the upcoming shortage, and I truly hope it's not as bad as the toilet paper shortage a couple years ago.

But whatever you anticipate needing to get you past the upcoming deer season, might be wise to get them now asap.
Thats a $1.83 per battery before tax, bad deal id you have office supply deal (free shipping over $45)

BSK

Read work around above. Add quantity of ONE to your cart to get past zip code hurdle, then update quantity at checkout.
Wish I had. Too late. Already ordered 100 batteries from a 3rd party. Not a bad price but nowhere near as good as the Office Supply deal.

TheLBLman

Thats a $1.83 per battery before tax, bad deal id you have office supply deal (free shipping over $45)
Yep, I realize probably could have online ordered some for less, but happy to have a year's supply now in my hands, no "porch pirate" worries, etc. And I actually only paid $1.61 per battery, AFTER tax, bottom line.

My concern was I would order them, they would then later say "out of stock", "backordered", and then I'd be forced later to pay much, much more because they might be remaining on backorder.

I paid $27.99 x 1.0925 (tax) = $30.58 per 18-pack after tax
. . . . . minus ($27.99 x 0.05) 5% Sam's cash rebate of $1.40 per pack
= A bottom line cost of $29.18 per 18 = $1.62 per battery

Last edited: