Lithium AA batteries?

BSK

Anyone run rechargeables in their cameras? I have switched to rechargeables in a bunch of my electronic gadgets, but have yet to do so in the cameras, I use lithium, but have wondered how well they would work in them. I usually don't run them but a few months, if at all, so wondering if anyone had any idea as to how long they would effectively run a camera.
In the old "homebrew" cameras, they worked great. But they just can't stand up to the demand of today's black-flash cameras (black flash requires a LOT of juice, especially if running video).

Jcalder

What make/model camera? Lithium batteries (make sure they are authentic, be careful with eBay), or a solar panel if camera is compatible and will be stationary for several months or longer. Also, Tactacam just came out with a rechargeable lithium battery pack if you have a Reveal. I have no experience with it, but you might want to research it if you run Reveal cellular cameras.

Tactacam Lithium Cartridge Rechargeable Battery

*** On a side note, I have historically purchased Lithium AAs at Sam's Club at the best price available. In the last 6 weeks, they have increased price twice. This is the latest price in my neck of the woods. ***

View attachment 142356
If that picture is current, they've went up about $11 since last fall!!! Holy crap.

Speedwell-Hunter

In the past I've always ran the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in my cameras. My old ones required 8 batteries. My new ones require 12 batteries.

I ordered some off Amazon yesterday. They were delivered this morning and I realized I bought AAA instead of AA.

I'm putting the cameras in a place that's nearly 3 hours from where I live. I'm not going to be around to constantly change batteries. Are the lithium my best bet? Where are y'all finding the best prices?

Amazon is the best, the ones I run are these, the range from $30-40 for 24 of them but do last for a long time, the reviews on amazon said they were coming under charged, so I ordered a multimeter to do the testing, and all of them had appropriate voltages for the AA. Also, they only negative is they are a bit pricey.

Amazon product ASIN B01C4PP8FK

I just looked at that link and it looks like they don't sell them for now, not sure what happened

Speedwell-Hunter

Office supply online has 24 pack lithium for $29.99. Better hurry.
as full draw states, that is an insanely good deal, considering amazon is selling them for way more. I am getting some from office supply as well atm. thanks full draw for this information! Forum are awesome

Speedwell-Hunter

Wow - thanks for sharing. I just ordered four 24 packs. That's 96 AA Energizer lithium batteries for $131.06 after taxes. That's $1.37 per battery
hard to find em under $2 a battery, so agreed, great deal, did the same thing! although when I entered my zip at first it said they were not available, goofy!

Speedwell-Hunter

Wow - thanks for sharing. I just ordered four 24 packs. That's 96 AA Energizer lithium batteries for $131.06 after taxes. That's $1.37 per battery
JC deerman, I also ordered a $6.99 box from office supply to, the alkaline version:

Energizer Industrial Alkaline AA Batteries, 1.5V, 24/BoxEnergizer Industrial Alkaline AA Batteries, 1.5V, 24/Box

Do you think the lithium are that much better? I was going to do a test in two identical cameras and see. your analysis?

Speedwell-Hunter

JC deer man or anyone else who has bought on amazon, since the AA lithium from energize are getting so pricey, anyone ever tried these:

Bevigor AA Battery, Lithium Batteries AA, Double A Battery, 24 Pack 1.5V Lithium Battery, 3000mAh Longer Lasting Lithium Iron AA Batteries for Flashlight

If so, what is your take on these?

Thanks

Speedwell-Hunter

Either sold out, or not available for me. I get error message that says "We're sorry but this item is not currently available for this location.".
you get around it by putting in another zip code . then once you add to your cart, you can you the actual zip code you need, I had the exact thing happened and tricked the online system brother! (try a Chicago area code for the fake one), then change make to TN once it works!

Andy S.

you get around it by putting in another zip code . then once you add to your cart, you can you the actual zip code you need, I had the exact thing happened and tricked the online system brother! (try a Chicago area code for the fake one), then change make to TN once it works!
I'll give it a shot. I input two different SW TN zip codes and it blocked me both times.

JCDEERMAN

hard to find em under $2 a battery, so agreed, great deal, did the same thing! although when I entered my zip at first it said they were not available, goofy!
Yes, by FAR! No comparison between alkaline and lithium. Two different animals altogether.
When I entered my zip, it gave me the same message, that it couldn't be delivered to my location. It took 3 times, but then it took. I took a screenshot of the confirmation and everything

@TheLBLman

Speedwell-Hunter

Website says free shipping over $50.
So I was sure to order more than that 🙂

But when just tried to order some . . . . . website said "not available" in my area.
😐
What difference does my TN mailing address make?

Lost leader ad, imo.
Fool the website by using a chicago area zip code, then switch to your TN zip once on cart, worked for me

Latest posts