Tactacam batteries

the deerslayer

I'm having serious issues on battery life with both of my Tactacam Reveal X cameras. Lithium gets me almost 3 weeks and regular Energizer is getting 1 week. I do have one of them on instant picture, so I'm sure that's draining the batteries...but I wouldn't think it would make the camera only last 6 days. I reached out to the company a while back and they said the battery manufacturer is really struggling with quality issues right now. Anyone else seeing batteries not last as long as they should, or is it just my cameras?

Andy S.

I have two Reveal X cameras and I am not seeing this at all. When did you purchase these two cameras? Have you performed latest firmware update? Also, is your model Reveal X (original X model) or Reveal X 2.0 that was released more recently?

the deerslayer

I have two Reveal X cameras and I am not seeing this at all. When did you purchase these two cameras? Have you performed latest firmware update? Also, is your model Reveal X (original X model) or Reveal X 2.0 that was released more recently?
This is my second season using these cameras. I believe they are the 2.0 version. Not sure on the firmware update.

rem270

I had one go down on me like that. The week before I put batteries in it and it ran down to 70% and quit taking pics. Swapped SD card and nothing. Changed batteries and it worked for less than 24 hours and chewed them up. Didn't have time to mess with Tactacam to diagnose it and fix it or not so went and bought the Reveal X Pro. It's been great so far. I had 6 Reveal X cams. Replaced 2 with the Pro and will replace the others with them once they start dying out.

lafn96

Turn off the video and multi-shot on the camera. Had the same issue after they did a firmware update a few months ago. Put in new lithiums, made those changes, and they are still at 90% after 3 months and hundreds of pics.

deerhunter10

Never have had a battery issue have 8 of them. All of instant send and all picture and video mode. I did go ahead and for 5 of them buy the tactacam sd card but the other 3 are on regular SD cards. Run energizer max batteries. 3 are on 50 percent and they probably send 100 to 150 pictures a day they have been out since the last week of September. I never did any updates on my cameras I read some bad reviews when people did it.

Roadracer6

I have 2 x-pro's. 1 with energizer lithium (been running on camera only with instant send for 3 months) still reads 100%. 1 has the reveal rechargeable lithium pack, same settings as above and its at 80% after 2 months. I don't have them in high traffic areas so I'm at the 250 per month plan and have only maxed out twice.
I'd call/email them and see what they say. I did have an issue with the 1st one where it wouldn't check in, called them and the lady had me walk out there and pull the sim card and put it back in....worked like a charm and I haven't had any issues since. Their customer service has been very helpful to me so I would recommend that route.

tntrkkllr

I'm having serious issues on battery life with both of my Tactacam Reveal X cameras. Lithium gets me almost 3 weeks and regular Energizer is getting 1 week. I do have one of them on instant picture, so I'm sure that's draining the batteries...but I wouldn't think it would make the camera only last 6 days. I reached out to the company a while back and they said the battery manufacturer is really struggling with quality issues right now. Anyone else seeing batteries not last as long as they should, or is it just my cameras?
I don't run tactacam I run browning but have converted all mine to run off 12v batteries. You can go to herd 360 . Com and buy a kit then go to tsc and buy batteries mine have been out since September and still 100%

UT-longbeard

Get the solar panel

philsanchez76

make sure the "settings check" is set to "daily" and not "instant." I once had mine set to instant accidentally and it killed the camera in only a few days. It basically means the camera is constantly listening for a settings change.

make sure the "settings check" is set to "daily" and not "instant." I once had mine set to instant accidentally and it killed the camera in only a few days. It basically means the camera is constantly listening for a settings change.
Set to instant will not kill your batteries. I have sll of mine set to instant and batteries will last 3-4 months. Something else is causing it.

Quailman

Set to instant will not kill your batteries. I have sll of mine set to instant and batteries will last 3-4 months. Something else is causing it.
I would agree. We've been running 4 tactacams for the last 2 years with no battery issues so far. Last year I had it set to sending pictures twice daily because it recommended this option to conserve battery life. This year I'm running it on "timely" which means it's sending them automatically when it takes a picture. They've been out for the last 2 months+ and are still running at 80% on battery life. Something else may be wrong with your cameras.

philsanchez76

You sure youre not thinking of the "send type" category? This is different from the "settings check." "Send type" i do have set to "timely" since I want pics to come in as they actually happen. And this will not kill your batteries. I got this info from Tacticam themselves.

Quailman

You sure youre not thinking of the "send type" category? This is different from the "settings check." "Send type" i do have set to "timely" since I want pics to come in as they actually happen. And this will not kill your batteries. I got this info from Tacticam themselves.
philsanchez76 you're correct. "Send Type" is set to timely and "settings check" should be daily. That's what ours are set to currently.

Latest posts