Academy Sports AA Batteries.

JCDEERMAN

I just walked out of the Buccees in Crossville. $13.36 for an 8 pack. That's $1.67 a battery. I bought 5 packs. From those 40 and what I have leftover from last year, I should be good
Just an FYI - went to Buccees in Crossville today and Energizer lithium AA's were $14.99 for an 8 pack. Slightly more expensive - 20 cents a battery from a couple months ago. I got three 8 packs. Not worried about getting more until next fall

Ski

Just an FYI - went to Buccees in Crossville today and Energizer lithium AA's were $14.99 for an 8 pack. Slightly more expensive - 20 cents a battery from a couple months ago. I got three 8 packs. Not worried about getting more until next fall

I bought a 100 pack of Amazon Essentials with free shipping for $20 last week on sale. No idea if they're any good or not but have heard great things about them from folks using them in trail cams. Will report back if they pan out OK. $.50/ea is pretty sporty if they prove worthy. I just pulled in to Ohio and am loading my cams with them. If they can handle winter here then I'd completely trust them in TN.

JCDEERMAN

I bought a 100 pack of Amazon Essentials with free shipping for $20 last week on sale. No idea if they're any good or not but have heard great things about them from folks using them in trail cams. Will report back if they pan out OK. $.50/ea is pretty sporty if they prove worthy. I just pulled in to Ohio and am loading my cams with them. If they can handle winter here then I'd completely trust them in TN.
Are those lithiums or alkalines? Big difference

Madbowh

Academy Sports AA Energizer Lithiums now 24.99 an eight pack..
Going up in price..
I need about 60 to get me through this year.
Someone find a much lower price please let us know.
I use energizer, home depot has the best price. 8 years I've consistently been running cameras from July to end of January and the batteries have about half life left. When I pull them I put the batteries in the house for remotes. Duracell is a waste of time anything else I've not tried.

I think it's about 32 batteries for 24.99 or 24 for $16 or 18.

Jcalder

I use energizer, home depot has the best price. 8 years I've consistently been running cameras from July to end of January and the batteries have about half life left. When I pull them I put the batteries in the house for remotes. Duracell is a waste of time anything else I've not tried.

I think it's about 32 batteries for 24.99 or 24 for $16 or 18
You're getting lithium batteries under $1 a piece?

Creek

Those are Triple As.

Best price I can find on Amazon right now is $2.35/battery for Ultimate Lithium AAs.
That's from not paying attention to detail. I typed in AA, but it showed those and I assumed.

Thanks for the correction. I thought I found a better deal than what I originally ordered.

This is what I recently ordered Alkaline Batteries 2 packs because I don't need as many as you, I'm sure.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DoubleRidge

The problem I've found with the internal battery meter on my cameras is they will say 95% one week and be completely dead the next week. Something about how lithium batteries work. They will show near full charge and then go to nothing in the blink of an eye.
Same way with our battery powered leaf blower and weed eater...everything works great...until it doesnt....all at once its dead....little to no warning.

JCDEERMAN

Those are Triple As.

Best price I can find on Amazon right now is $2.35/battery for Ultimate Lithium AAs.
Sounds like I need to stop by Buccees again on the way home tomorrow and load up 🤣. I only bought three 8 packs because I haven't checked online yet. I may stop and get more. Comes out to $1.87 / battery

Madbowh

You're getting lithium batteries under $1 a piece?
No alkaline. I might spend$125 a year on batteries between cameras and home stuff. Never really added it up.
Energizer
36 aa $20
30 aaa $20 at home depot

For my cameras I stick with these because I know 1 full season they are good.

tntrkkllr

Academy Sports AA Energizer Lithiums now 24.99 an eight pack..
Going up in price..
I need about 60 to get me through this year.
Someone find a much lower price please let us know.
Convert cameras to run off of 12v batteries. At first it'll cost more but not having to change batteries all year is totally worth it best thing Ive done especially with running cell cams

Ski

Convert cameras to run off of 12v batteries. At first it'll cost more but not having to change batteries all year is totally worth it best thing Ive done especially with running cell cams

I'm seriously considering doing that. The Tactacam solar panels have built in lithium batteries that recharge when sun is shining. The upfront cost would hurt but the money saved long run would be worth it.

tntrkkllr

I'm seriously considering doing that. The Tactacam solar panels have built in lithium batteries that recharge when sun is shining. The upfront cost would hurt but the money saved long run would be worth it.
I got my kits off of herd 360 it's a Plano dry box and a chew proof cable and weather lock cable Seals, then went to TSC and got my batteries

TheLBLman

Be sure you consider some consequential issues before going with either or both auxiliary batteries and/or solar charging systems.

Your cams will now be much, much more noticeable to both deer and humans.
In the case of poachers & trespassers, your risk of theft & sabotage increases.
The cost of your loss also increases.

Since your cams are more visible, this can increase "cam avoidance" by both deer & humans.
A poaching trespasser isn't necessarily going to steal or destroy your cam, but he will sure not walk in front of it if he sees it.

I don't want a trespasser to see my cams, but do want them to get his picture.

So in these respects, your cams can get fewer pics and be more likely to be stolen or destroyed.

Last edited:

Latest posts