Lithium AA batteries?

Roost 1

$60 solar panel and 1 set of batteries ( $18-20) will last for 3-4 months. Of course this does depend on your settings.
Solar panels will not increase the likelihood of your camera being stolen. If your camera is in jeopardy of being stolen, that's gonna happen either way.
For me, the solar panels have saved me some money over the last year, but they are a gift that will keep on giving, hopefully.

Bgoodman30

Lithiums can save you special "costly" trips for the sole purpose of replacing batteries in trail cams. In part because of this one reason, they can actually save you money (and time) over other batteries.

There is also the issue that you'll typically get more wildlife pics the less you disturb the areas around your cams.

Keep in mind many trail cam battery meters become essentially worthless with lithium batteries. Your trail cam battery meter may show 100% on the battery reading until the day it suddenly shows 0%. SOMETIMES, you may have a day or two of it dropping below 100% before the lithium batteries are totally dead.

I've generally found trail cam battery meters to be somewhat as worthless as trail cam temperature gauges, as in unreliable accuracy.

Ah that explains a lot of my cell cam battery woes..

Bgoodman30

Just ordered 2 packs from Office supply, thanks for the heads up! I was shell shocked when I saw the prices on Amazon...

It seems like last year I was buying the Duracell lithium 12 packs at Wally world for $14.. I am trying to plan my trail cam trips more efficiently with fuel prices and inflation.. LGB

JCDEERMAN

Just ordered 2 packs from Office supply, thanks for the heads up! I was shell shocked when I saw the prices on Amazon...

It seems like last year I was buying the Duracell lithium 12 packs at Wally world for $14.. I am trying to plan my trail cam trips more efficiently with fuel prices and inflation.. LGB
Duracell lithiums? Never seen those. I do however use Duracell regular AA's for quite a few cameras that I check often with easy access. The rest are lithium and tucked away in seclusive areas

Omega

Mine came in yesterday as well, just got two boxes because I already had some from Sam's that were close in price. My Blink cameras use them but don't need to change them out often, and I don't put out game cameras as much as I have in the past, so these will last me quite a long time.