Lithium AA batteries?

TheLBLman

Well, right now, Trail Cam Pro is totally "sold out" of lithium batteries :confused:

I know I get cash rebates for being a gold member, but doesn't look like enough to knock those lithium prices down to $1.44 a battery.

Speedwell-Hunter

Yep, I realize probably could have online ordered some for less, but happy to have a year's supply now in my hands, no "porch pirate" worries, etc. And I actually only paid $1.61 per battery, AFTER tax, bottom line.

My concern was I would order them, they would then later say "out of stock", "backordered", and then I'd be forced later to pay much, much more because they might be remaining on backorder.

I paid $27.99 x 1.0925 (tax) = $30.58 per 18-pack after tax
. . . . . minus ($27.99 x 0.05) 5% Sam's cash rebate of $1.40 per pack
= A bottom line cost of $29.18 per 18 = $1.62 per battery
Ok great LBL, you still got ripped off, I paid $1.44 a battery (and I even included the price of the $6.99 in my cost of the alkaline batteries i added to my basket). So even cheaper once you remove those. You paid 11.1% MORE ($1.61 vs my $1.44).

I have 96 lithium AA: $138.69/ 96= $1.44 per pop. A much, much better deal than the Sam's club.

1657887145817.png

Also, I paid no Sam's club membership either, thus you need to include that in your total cost.

Tell yourself what you want, but I (and other forum users) got a much, much better deal than you did my ordering from office supply.

I am wondering if you want to not save money? The office supply shortcuts were given to you but you thought it was a scam, even after another poster called the company to confirm the work around does, indeed work. Not sure why you are so anti saving some more cash! Seems like obstinance to me.

Mr.Bro

Some of y'all guys are taking the fun out of cameras. Spend hundreds on cameras.then count the miles to Sam's. I buy 100 batteries every year. Ok maybe it's 98 but who's counting. I guess nothing else to do but cry over the price of batteries. If .20 cents a battery is going to bankrupt you then find another sport.
Have fun y'all! Think I'll go buy another Glock. Maybe a few new cameras. Wait maybe my Kentucky Non Resident license and deer tags. Yeah that's first. Then a few more batteries.

TheLBLman

The office supply shortcuts were given to you but you thought it was a scam, even after another poster called the company to confirm the work around does, indeed work. Not sure why you are so anti saving some more cash! Seems like obstinance to me.
Wow.
I never dreamed anyone would take my posts this way.
Please accept my apologies if you thought I was accusing you of anything wrong.
I never thought this was a "scam", but did have legitimate concerns mainly about timely delivery. None of those concerns should deflect from your good will.

I'm very appreciative you made your post, as you did indeed save me a good amount of cash yesterday. I realize likely could have saved more by ordering from the office supply place online.

I'm an appreciative kind of guy, despite how I may come across at times.
And am always trying to be a good steward of my resources, financial & otherwise.

redblood

I have an Reveal x and just got in 2 of the reveal xb. Plain old batteries last 6 months in my old reveal and the new cams are suppose to have much longer battery life. I order 100 batteries for 21 dollars off amazon. They work just fine

BSK

When buying a camera, look at the power requirements. Some black-flash cameras require lithium batteries because of the high power needs of the flash.

TheLBLman

Plain old batteries last 6 months in my old reveal and the new cams are suppose to have much longer battery life.
As to just how long your batteries will last in ANY cam, that time greatly effected by your cam settings.

If you set your cams to take 1 pic per triggering event, have a lot of "down" time between triggering events, and with cell cams, program the cam to upload pics only once a day, you will get much longer battery life.

But if you set your cams to take multiple pics per event, have a short "dead" time between events, and with cell cams, program the cam to upload pics either instantly of multiple times daily, you'll get only a fraction as much battery life.

You have to prioritize whether you want to miss nothing that walks in front of your cams, or have a lot of "dead" time and missed pics in trying to extend battery life.

Another big battery killer is nighttime pics. I typically program my cams to take fewer pics at night, and have a longer "dead" time. Whereas settings might be 3 pics per event during the day, with a 5-second dead time; the settings go to 2 pics per event at night, with a 15 to 30-second dead time.

Cell cams with the ability to RELIABLY make settings changes two or more times daily can be worth a considerably higher initial purchase price, as they will help you get more pics & extend battery life for this reason alone. THIS has been one of my personal biggest "issues" with Tactacam, as the setting changes have been both unreliable & untimely.

As to using regular alkaline batteries in cell cams, they will cause you to miss a considerable number of deer pics in cold weather, but you may never know what you missed. The cams just tend to "freeze up" during the night, extending into the days, but then may work ok during the afternoons.

TheLBLman

Solar panels will save you a lot of money.
They can, but for me, not practical in many setups.

Also must weigh in the initial costs of solar panels x how much savings is expected x risk of theft.

Another way to save money on batteries (with cell cams) can be with a booster antenna.

If camouflage of your cams (from humans) is a significant concern, both solar panels & booster antennas will make your setups more noticeable to humans.

Tn Joe

If we really want to split hairs. The extra money spent on lithium batteries doesn't comes close to money guys "could" save if they only bought hunting equipment they could get by with. Do you really need a $1500 bow setup to kill a deer? Or a $1200 shotgun to kill a turkey, loaded with $100 worth of ammo? It just all depends on what you want to spend your money on.

Last edited:

dhpro

In the past I've always ran the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in my cameras. My old ones required 8 batteries. My new ones require 12 batteries.

I ordered some off Amazon yesterday. They were delivered this morning and I realized I bought AAA instead of AA.

I'm putting the cameras in a place that's nearly 3 hours from where I live. I'm not going to be around to constantly change batteries. Are the lithium my best bet? Where are y'all finding the best prices?
Hey if these happen to be revel cams , a guy name jack told me he used regular aa and was getting 9 months? I bought 3 pack the energizer lithium and had a bad battery in the package . Was kind affecting my cam

Latest posts