Iowa zone 4,5,6

EastTNboy

Are u bow hunting I assume? I muzzleloader hunted in 2020 in zone 5 for 5 days and did not see one other truck around lake I was hunting and not one hunter in the woods. I'm sure it will be busier during archery season but I think u can find places with much pressure. A good friend lives there and he says it isn't bad. If you need more info feel free to pm me. I'll help u all I can.
Sent you a pm

th88

I'll be there for the first time in Zone 5 from Oct 28 thru Nov 12 if anyone wants to keep in touch about it. Wouldn't mind getting daily reports from others.

th88

Been a long 2 weeks filled with ups and downs. On the afternoon of day 14 I finally connected. Climbed tree yesterday afternoon and spotted this buck in CRP field walking around and rubbing. After 10 minutes of watching him and trying to unsuccessfully call him in, I decided to go to him. After a 45 minute stalk he got up from his bed at 12 yards! Incredible hunt.

Attachments

• PICT_20231109_170141.JPG
    PICT_20231109_170141.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 73

DoubleRidge

Been a long 2 weeks filled with ups and downs. On the afternoon of day 14 I finally connected. Climbed tree yesterday afternoon and spotted this buck in CRP field walking around and rubbing. After 10 minutes of watching him and trying to unsuccessfully call him in, I decided to go to him. After a 45 minute stalk he got up from his bed at 12 yards! Incredible hunt.
Thats awesome! Congratulations!

Turkeychaser

Congratulations!!

Latest posts