Iowa zone 4,5,6

EastTNboy

Are u bow hunting I assume? I muzzleloader hunted in 2020 in zone 5 for 5 days and did not see one other truck around lake I was hunting and not one hunter in the woods. I'm sure it will be busier during archery season but I think u can find places with much pressure. A good friend lives there and he says it isn't bad. If you need more info feel free to pm me. I'll help u all I can.
Sent you a pm

th88

I'll be there for the first time in Zone 5 from Oct 28 thru Nov 12 if anyone wants to keep in touch about it. Wouldn't mind getting daily reports from others.

th88

Been a long 2 weeks filled with ups and downs. On the afternoon of day 14 I finally connected. Climbed tree yesterday afternoon and spotted this buck in CRP field walking around and rubbing. After 10 minutes of watching him and trying to unsuccessfully call him in, I decided to go to him. After a 45 minute stalk he got up from his bed at 12 yards! Incredible hunt.

Attachments

• PICT_20231109_170141.JPG
    PICT_20231109_170141.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 75

DoubleRidge

Been a long 2 weeks filled with ups and downs. On the afternoon of day 14 I finally connected. Climbed tree yesterday afternoon and spotted this buck in CRP field walking around and rubbing. After 10 minutes of watching him and trying to unsuccessfully call him in, I decided to go to him. After a 45 minute stalk he got up from his bed at 12 yards! Incredible hunt.
Thats awesome! Congratulations!

Turkeychaser

Congratulations!!

Joe2Kool

Hmm 🤔. Did 4 points not draw last year? I'm thinking, and hoping for my future sake, that 4 draws!

I've got 2 so I'm just buying another this year. No reason to apply.

Kyboy

Hmm 🤔. Did 4 points not draw last year? I'm thinking, and hoping for my future sake, that 4 draws!

I've got 2 so I'm just buying another this year. No reason to apply.
I have 4 and I tried to draw so we will see, a guy I know that lives there said it will probably take 5.

Joe2Kool

I have 4 and I tried to draw so we will see, a guy I know that lives there said it will probably take 5.

If you had 4 last year, you should be good this year with 5.

For archery, roughly 30% chance with 4 points. 100% with 5. I've been watching the numbers the last few years and these are consistent. 5 gets you a tag.

For gun, roughly 30% with 1, 100% with 2.

I couldn't get all the gun numbers in the screenshot, but you can see them with the link.

Good luck and post pics!

Attachments

• Iowa 2023 Draw Odds.JPG
    Iowa 2023 Draw Odds.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 4

Kyboy

If you had 4 last year, you should be good this year with 5.

For archery, roughly 30% chance with 4 points. 100% with 5. I've been watching the numbers the last few years and these are consistent. 5 gets you a tag.

For gun, roughly 30% with 1, 100% with 2.

I couldn't get all the gun numbers in the screenshot, but you can see them with the link.

Good luck and post pics!
I should of stated I am trying to draw on my 4th. I bought points for the last three years.

Kinda hoping I don't draw so I can prepare more, I have never been there just know two guys that moved there specifically to hunt deer. I'm hoping they point me in the right direction.

Are you planning on hunting public? Thats my plan as of now, unless I find some sort of lease.

Latest posts