If you killed a 215" deer

easy45

I would definitely enter it into the books and put it on here but I would only go as far as telling the county of where it was killed.

BSK

None of the above.

I wouldn't have any problem with letting my friends know I killed it (through TNdeer), but I would not enter it in the recordbooks, nor attempt to make money from it.

Hunter 257W

I'd donate it to "Hunters for the Hungry" and after telling all my friends where I shot it, I'd let them hunt in my spot freely from now on. ;)

No, I'd probably have a heart attack right there in the woods when I realized what I'd shot. Seriously, I'd try to keep it quiet to keep from attracting too much attention to my area. I doubt very much that I'd put it's picture on the internet ever.

Outdoor life

Probably yell out the biggest "booyah" ever, and then pass out from being too excited, after saying about 50 "thank you Lord".

^^^That's my honest answer lol

W.Seay

Mike Belt said:
I voted to post pics on the internet... via Tndeer. I like looking at pics of good bucks and reading the story behind the kill. I like sharing my hunting story with like minded individuals. I don't care about shouting from the mountain top and I could care less about entering a buck into the books. Only a chosen few would know exactly where I killed the buck. As far as money gained from the kill, I like money. I wouldn't be opposed to making a few bucks off the story of the hunt or the pics of the deer but not if it jeopardized what I deem as the integrity of hunting.

X2

Shed Hunter

I'd be one happy SOB, throw the tailgate down, have some fun at the check in station, parade around a little more on the way to the taxi, post on TnDeer and Facebook, call everyone in my contacts list, and if I make money from it you better believe I will take the golden oppurtunity God just gave me! I never would sell the real antlers but heck why not make some money. I'd also enter it.. can't see why you wouldn't..

catman529

Master Chief said:
I'd be one happy SOB, throw the tailgate down, have some fun at the check in station, parade around a little more on the way to the taxi, post on TnDeer and Facebook, call everyone in my contacts list, and if I make money from it you better believe I will take the golden oppurtunity God just gave me! I never would sell the real antlers but heck why not make some money. I'd also enter it.. can't see why you wouldn't..
I'd probably take the opportunity to make some money on it too. But I'm with you I would NEVER sell the rack. I wouldn't even sell the 2 big skulls I picked up. I used to sell some of my sheds at a yard sale in 2010 and 2011 for around 5 bucks each, but now I have decided not to even do that.

MRUTVOL

IMO in this day and age you can not keep it a secret no matter how hard you try. Even if you have no friends at all. Heck I killed a 150 class 10 pointer a couple years back and came out of where I hunted and did not meet or talk to nobody. Only me and God knew I had killed that deer...I thought! B4 I even got to the checkin station I had a text asking about the big deer I had killed and when I got there there were 2 friends waiting to see it. Turns out while driving I went passed a guy mowing his yard that knew my truck and seen the rack sticking above the bed and he started calling people ! Sooner or later people find it out. Best thing is to enjoy the moment and take advantage every opportunity it gives you. Odds are that would be your first and only deer of that caliber you would get, for the average hunter anyways.

Deer Assassin

i cant say nothing about 215 inch But I have killed a 181 net here in tn if I ever kill another I will probably keep it to my self and a few friends
the jealousy among some hunters is ridiculous

90% were very happy for me the rest questioned every thing from how it was killed where it was killed to what it scored to the qualifications of the official scorer. Some people cant be happy for nothing.

Mudbone

I have no idea! But, if I ever do, I'm sure you guys would know! Lol!
Ill cross that mountain if and when I make it there.

Buzzard Breath

Deer Assassin said:
i cant say nothing about 215 inch But I have killed a 181 net here in tn if I ever kill another I will probably keep it to my self and a few friends
the jealousy among some hunters is ridiculous

90% were very happy for me the rest questioned every thing from how it was killed where it was killed to what it scored to the qualifications of the official scorer. Some people cant be happy for nothing.
This.

If I ever kill another 200" deer, I'll do everything possible to keep it a secret. Defending yourself against false accusations from people you've never met gets old, real fast.

BMan

I'd have no problem telling anyone about the deer, and wouldn't worry too much about them finding out where I killed it. He's not there any more...

Bowdacious

I might as well make money if possible. I would post it on fb. I will not post it here. stik might but I won't. I would hate to have to wail the tar out of some idj that be a jerk about it like others have had done to them. I made that decision many years ago.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Considering how much money I've spent on hunting over the years it would be time to recover some of it. The other options would come with the cash.

Latest posts