Buddy killed a dandy

Volbuck777

It may be somewhat common to kill a 150 in some parts of the state but in sevier county it's like a needle in a haystack. I've came real close with a 145 and I've only seen a couple more. But my buddy killed a dandy that the taxidermist rough scored at 154. It couldn't have happened to a better guy and just wanted to brag on him and his deer.

Attachments

• 78F4B689-B745-4E41-BA57-F2D8CE90E7F6.jpeg
    78F4B689-B745-4E41-BA57-F2D8CE90E7F6.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 721

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
It may be somewhat common to kill a 150 in some parts of the state but in sevier county it's like a needle in a haystack. I've came real close with a 145 and I've only seen a couple more. But my buddy killed a dandy that the taxidermist rough scored at 154. It couldn't have happened to a better guy and just wanted to brag on him and his deer.
Congratulations to him and I loved the darker color.

david k.

Great buck no matter what part of the state it came from!

My guess on the score though is mid 130's

I'd bet the taxidermist is counting the split G2's as if those are the G2 & G3 and then he took the "H3" circumference measurement all the way around and through that fork....I don't believe thats the right way to do it but that could explain how he got to 154"

Volbuck777

Great buck no matter what part of the state it came from!

My guess on the score though is mid 130's

I'd bet the taxidermist is counting the split G2's as if those are the G2 & G3 and then he took the "H3" circumference measurement all the way around and through that fork....I don't believe thats the right way to do it but that could explain how he got to 154"
You're probably right. I don't know like I said I've only got a picture and what he stated the taxidermist scored it. I do know the taxidermist personally( he's my taxi) don't know him to ever be off more than a few inches. 150 or not if he walked by me he'd be dead.

Latest posts