Nephew killed one.

rem270

Been a good weekend of hunting. The oldest nephew went with me yesterday morning and we seen 4 bucks and 6 does. Biggest buck being a 6 pt. He's killed 3 bucks since he started hunting so I was trying to hold him out on at least an 8 or bigger.

They had other obligations yesterday afternoon and couldn't hunt but got him and his little brother out this morning. It was cool, windy, and cloudy and I guess it had them laying down. Only seen 2 does but they didn't present a shot.

This afternoon the youngest nephew decided he didn't want to go but the oldest did. He's eat up with it and ready to always go.

Got in the stand at 3:53 and at 4:30 had a 6 pt come out. He really wanted to shoot but I explained to him he can shoot it but with a 1 buck limit he's done for the year. He decided to hold off and about 4:45 this 8 stepped out. He wasn't letting him go and made a great shot. Hit in the shoulder and exited in front of the opposite shoulder. He was burying his head in the food plot and I thought he wouldn't make it out of it. Then all the sudden he was on all 4's and hitting the woods but carrying the shoulder pretty good. I got nervous as he lost a really good buck last year and was hoping this wouldn't be the case again. We gave him time and got down and found blood pretty quick. Found him laying 40 yards inside the woods.

Fun weekend of hunting.
20231015_170611.jpg

291356.jpeg

20231015_171550.jpg

kaizen leader

Been a good weekend of hunting. The oldest nephew went with me yesterday morning and we seen 4 bucks and 6 does. Biggest buck being a 6 pt. He's killed 3 bucks since he started hunting so I was trying to hold him out on at least an 8 or bigger.

They had other obligations yesterday afternoon and couldn't hunt but got him and his little brother out this morning. It was cool, windy, and cloudy and I guess it had them laying down. Only seen 2 does but they didn't present a shot.

This afternoon the youngest nephew decided he didn't want to go but the oldest did. He's eat up with it and ready to always go.

Got in the stand at 3:53 and at 4:30 had a 6 pt come out. He really wanted to shoot but I explained to him he can shoot it but with a 1 buck limit he's done for the year. He decided to hold off and about 4:45 this 8 stepped out. He wasn't letting him go and made a great shot. Hit in the shoulder and exited in front of the opposite shoulder. He was burying his head in the food plot and I thought he wouldn't make it out of it. Then all the sudden he was on all 4's and hitting the woods but carrying the shoulder pretty good. I got nervous as he lost a really good buck last year and was hoping this wouldn't be the case again. We gave him time and got down and found blood pretty quick. Found him laying 40 yards inside the woods.

Fun weekend of hunting.
View attachment 199082
View attachment 199083
View attachment 199084
That's a nice big buck. Congrats.

Latest posts