How is Bama...

TreyB

Ranked ahead of UF??? Doesn't really bother me because the SECCG will sort it out but is this because of Saban instead of the better team?

UF (7-1) one loss to undefeated #4 LSU in death valley which is widely considered one of if not the hardest places to play in college football.

Alabama (7-1) one loss to #19 Ole Miss at home.

Similar opponents: Ole Miss, UGA, and UT. Alabama loses to Ole miss at home, UF destroys Ole Miss at home. Alabama destroys UGA at home, UF destroys UGA in a neutral site. Bama escapes an upset at home vs UT after trailing in the 4th, UF escapes an upset at home vs UT after trailing in the 4th.

Impressive wins:
Alabama @ UGA by 28
Alabama @ A&M by 18
Alabama neutral site Wisconsin by 18

Florida vs Ole Miss (the team that beat Bama at bama) by 28
Florida neutral site against UGA by 24

I just don't see how you can put Bama over UF when you compare the resumes. There are 2 things that people keep coming back to:

1) The "eye test". The eye test is bull yugoe. It's about what you have done throughout the year. What's the point of keeping score if all we are using is the eye test. Ole Miss was the eye test national champions after 3 games. Texas A&M was the best team in the country in 2012, but they didn't make the national championship because the eye test doesn't fricking matter.

2)The 5 turnovers in the Ole Miss game. Mark May argued this morning constantly about how it was a fluke game, and how Bama has never turned the ball over 5 times. Why on earth does it matter if it's not likely to happen again in the future? It still happened. Oklahoma states kicker normally makes 30 something yard field goals, why wasn't that game considered a fluke in 2012? There may be games where you would win 99 times out of 100. But if that one loss happened, you can't just act like it didn't happen.

Luckily in this case, there is no way that a 1 loss UF and a 1 loss Bama wouldn't play each other. And Bama may destroy UF if they play. But to this point, it is completely illogical to have a 1 loss Bama in the playoffs over most undefeated teams, and even a 1 loss UF.

TreyB

Hillbilly Hunter":3l6l7yyl said:
Good question, when the dust settles the right one will be left standing, give it time.

Like everything else... Politics, not saying UF is better but by record it is hard to argue that UF isn't. But yeah it will all be settled before long. Man this season is flying by!!!

Deerbuster1996

I say Florida should be ranked higher than they are. They lost to a top 5 team and Bama lost to a top 25 team.
Maybe the playoff committee will have them rank down some more because of that.

Wrangler95

LOL at Trey,all the bad he has said about Tennessee and now using them to bolster his case with rankings.So now Trey,your saying all of a sudden that Tennessee has a strong team!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

TreyB

Wrangler95":969aojv1 said:
LOL at Trey,all the bad he has said about Tennessee and now using them to bolster his case with rankings.So now Trey,your saying all of a sudden that Tennessee has a strong team!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ummmm not at all... The point is we beat Ole Miss at home in a blowout and they lost to Ole miss in a blowout. LOL@Wrangler. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I like the bumped threads that GNB did the other day. Did you? :tu:

Twinshooter

Trey, can't help but agree with you on this, (dang this makes twice I agreed w/you) But I think a lot has to do with the Saban. I will be the first to admit that I thought was lucky early on, but they have played strong all year and if I had to pick one over the other, it would be Gators instead of elephants. :bore:

TreyB

Twinshooter":2n7fxqxi said:
Trey, can't help but agree with you on this, (dang this makes twice I agreed w/you) But I think a lot has to do with the Saban. I will be the first to admit that I thought was lucky early on, but they have played strong all year and if I had to pick one over the other, it would be Gators instead of elephants. :bore:

I think so as well... Saban and Meyer get more votes off of their name than a lot of coaches. This weekend with the LSU-Bama game could shoot either of them to the top. Funny about agreeing with me twice. :party:

TreyB

smalljawbasser":3lsxe3vk said:
not me, i hope they both lose. :)

but, on balance, Bama fans seem to be a little classier...

:rotf:

You brought alot to this thread... :tu:

Deerbuster1996

Hopefully LSU can help your situation trey. I feel as LSU has a good chance as long as les doesn't blow it with his play calls

Scioto

Looking forward to this game. Should be a good one. Florida was a test, but I'm interested in how Fournette does against that Bama front 7, and I don't believe LSU's QB will be able to beat Bama with his arm. Still think Bama is one of the 4 best teams and hope to have a rematch, but what do I know.

baddnole

OHVATN":2u5ls109 said:
Looking forward to this game. Should be a good one. Florida was a test, but I'm interested in how Fournette does against that Bama front 7, and I don't believe LSU's QB will be able to beat Bama with his arm. Still think Bama is one of the 4 best teams and hope to have a rematch, but what do I know.

LSU will win this one.Hope they get to play that Yankee team you follow.Then we won't have to worry about Oh st. for another 10 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :tu:

Latest posts