How close to someone dying!

GhillieBow

The way the guy asks the hunter "Are you threatening me?" is insane. The man was completely cooperative and clearly afraid, rightfully so. That AR Guy is the definition of "give me a reason". Going to confront him armed is one thing, I think we all would at least have a sidearm tucked confronting a stranger on our property.

But actually holding him at gunpoint the entire time was completely uncalled for.

lafn96

Just saw this posted by a GW on reddit; ridiculous what these situations can escalate to

"Former PA Game Warden Deputy. I've been on too many cases over these instances. Most recent, two jagoffs got into it and built stands 30 yards apart. Hunter A, to one up the other, built up his stand to a "cabin" and ran power and electric to it making it a structure. "It is unlawful to hunt for, shoot at, trap, take, chase or disturb wildlife within 150 yards of any occupied residence, camp, industrial or commercial building, farm house or farm building, or school or playground without the permission of the occupants." We tried to have them call a truce, wrote citations to both parties(turning each other in for baiting), state police were involved multiple times. Videos from both parties occupying their stands and blowing air horns or shouting during season. Childish garbage to prevent the other from hunting. Hunter B refused to follow the safety zone law and ""shot at a doe"" within the zone towards the "cabin" which was occupied by hunter A's 14 year old son. Without too many details, two families are destroyed. Two lives are ruined and I hung it up after this. All over deer. Stupid eating chocolateing deer. Talk it out. Work it out. Figure it out or let it go. There are so many other things to stress about and definitely not worth losing a life over."

The 14 y.o. was shot and killed

MidTennFisher

First off, always have a sidearm. I have one when I'm bow hunting, gun hunting, just scouting, looking for mushrooms, or buying groceries at the store.

Second off, he evidently has OnX so he has that landowner's name and address. I surely hope the immediate next thing he did was call 911 and use the audio from that phone call as evidence. If for nothing else, for hunter harassment and recklessly brandishing a firearm. The "AR guy" had no right to point a firearm at this guy. The hunter was about as calm and cooperative as he could get. The guy should have put his gun down and just had a discussion like an adult.

SSlater

They're both at fault. If you're on a lease, you need to verify the property boundaries. Those apps are wrong all the time plus, things change.

AR guy should have tried a calmer approach first. Demanding he put his phone down is asinine. Got himself way to worked up and made situation way more dangerous than necessary.

UCStandSitter

Well if you already know that pinging the phone is a waste of time and could lead to someone being killed long before the SO finds them then why did you make such an idiotic suggestion.
You and I both know it gets officers within a reasonable area. I'm glad we didn't have to work together, knew a few like you in my time. Picked on in high school much?

Carlos

Would've had a good ol Mexican standoff... No way I'm letting some belligerent with a ar walk up on me... You pull a gun on someone you best be ready to face the consequences...
Right.
Using it for intimidation is a huge problem, and would justify being met with deadly force in most cases.

SMH- I hope this was documented by Leo and placed on the subject's record.

Latest posts