How close to someone dying!

ImThere

Someone parks 50 yards from my house and goes hunting. Shoot I shoot their truck up, slash their tires, key their truck, tell them they shouldn't be there? I am always nice to him but maybe I shouldn't be?
Especially if they park on a public road. You should shoot that chit up proper. Make sure to hold your pistol sideways to send that gangster message!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ImThere

No sir, being stupid and ignorant enough to set up a blind less than a 125yrds from a man's house, is the point ;) Anyone who doesn't respect that, I have no use for, regardless of property lines. I'm out.
That's awesome! Most people houses aren't 125 yards from the property line! I bet you're a great neighbor! You'd hate me! You'd cuss your pillow every night you would get a quick understanding of the property lines and what I'd do on my property!

ImThere

Back to the crazy ar guy.
Who'd call 911 before setting the phone down? Who'd tell him to shut the FK up that you were calling 911?
Who'd busted that ass like water swatting a duck on the lake?
I'm pretty sure one of us would have ended up dead in that situation. Almost guaranteed if that would have been my property not my lease. (No this was not me in the video!)

Last edited:

44 mag

Better move, dont record it. Call 911. You dont have to talk to the dispatcher. They'll hear crazy, ping the phone, and send the SO. Crazy ain't afraid of being recorded.
This is true to an extent. When we ping a phone we very rarely get an accurate location. It is usually something within a 1000 foot radius of so and so GPS coordinates and sometimes up to 5000 feet The phone pings are very rarely useful.

Last edited:

recurve60#

If this is as transparent as it appears, I think so to. The AR guy allowed himself to get too worked up and adrenaline was flowing. He was nervous himself and carrying a firearm and trespassing. That could have ended horribly one way or the other.

AR guy took the wrong approach to address his concerns and I think he finally realized it as you said. The hunter was about as reasonable and calm as could be expected. The hunter did not have to change his location but would likely have been agreeable with a simple conversation and didn't need all the cussing and serious threatening.
Bang pop dead. No man will ever hold a gun on me. Ever.

MUP

Bang pop dead. No man will ever hold a gun on me. Ever.
This would also fall into the category of always being aware of your surroundings IMO, ESPECIALLY if you're hunting. He should have seen that guy coming, and prepared accordingly maybe? I'm just going off of what I'm thinking I would do if I was on my own property and saw someone approaching me with an AR, and I WOULD have seen them, b/c I'm looking for deer CONSTANTLY, and there's almost no way someone could get that close without being seen. I'm all for de-escalating a situation, but when someone is approaching you, on your own property, with an AR, or any visible firearm for that matter, I can only assume they aren't on friendly terms, and I hope I'd be ready to stop that threat, before it keeps me from going home to my family.

This would also fall into the category of always being aware of your surroundings IMO, ESPECIALLY if you're hunting. He should have seen that guy coming, and prepared accordingly maybe? I'm just going off of what I'm thinking I would do if I was on my own property and saw someone approaching me with an AR, and I WOULD have seen them, b/c I'm looking for deer CONSTANTLY, and there's almost no way someone could get that close without being seen. I'm all for de-escalating a situation, but when someone is approaching you, on your own property, with an AR, or any visible firearm for that matter, I can only assume they aren't on friendly terms, and I hope I'd be ready to stop that threat, before it keeps me from going home to my family.
Those ground blinds have plenty of blind spots

Huntaholic

So, does anyone here have any solid tips on de-escalating such a situation where you are approached by someone who is irrational and not listening, and is aiming a loaded gun directly at you.
Ive been in those situations 5 times, but in EVERY incident, nobody EVER pointed a gun AT me. Sure, they had them, waving them around, showing them off, etc........ Best advice I can give is to talk calmly and rationally to the raving idiots. Fortunately for me, this worked in every case. BTW, I was in the right in every case but that still didnt give me the cause I felt needed to escalate or ventilate anybody.

Crappieaddict

Ive been in those situations 5 times, but in EVERY incident, nobody EVER pointed a gun AT me. Sure, they had them, waving them around, showing them off, etc........ Best advice I can give is to talk calmly and rationally to the raving idiots. Fortunately for me, this worked in every case. BTW, I was in the right in every case but that still didnt give me the cause I felt needed to escalate or ventilate anybody.
IMO, this is the only way to handle this type of situation. When the gun is already aimed at you, probably not going to win the fast draw. Be smarter and live to fight another day.

UCStandSitter

This is true to an extent. When we ping a phone we very rarely get an accurate location. It is usually something within a 1000 foot radius of so and so GPS coordinates and sometimes up to 5000 feet The phone pings are very rarely useful.
Am aware. Used to work in law enforcement. Thanks for assuming no one else knows but you though big guy.

Latest posts