How close to someone dying!

DMD

That was kinda hard to follow but did he just get threatened because he was hunting near the property line?. If I was the hunter I would press charges.
That's what it sounded like to me. Sounds like toward the end, the guy with the AR realized he messed up. I'd press charges to the fullest extent of the law. Ridiculous.

JN

I was on a lease that had something similar happen once but it was a trespasser on our lease who was held at held at gun point by a neighbor. My dad was over the lease and the trespasser called my Dad because he thought it was one of our lease members holding him at gun point. Come to find out the neighbor was on our lease property (trespassing) holding him at gun point for riding his 4 wheeler through his fields and tearing them up. Upon finding this out my Dad told him buddy that is your problem and you work it out. Dad called the sheriff about what was going on and they basically said they would check on it if they had time.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
That's what it sounded like to me. Sounds like toward the end, the guy with the AR realized he messed up. I'd press charges to the fullest extent of the law. Ridiculous.
If this is as transparent as it appears, I think so to. The AR guy allowed himself to get too worked up and adrenaline was flowing. He was nervous himself and carrying a firearm and trespassing. That could have ended horribly one way or the other.

AR guy took the wrong approach to address his concerns and I think he finally realized it as you said. The hunter was about as reasonable and calm as could be expected. The hunter did not have to change his location but would likely have been agreeable with a simple conversation and didn't need all the cussing and serious threatening.

lafn96

That sounded to me like the hunter was set-up near a property line where he thought it was part of his leased ground since the property owner told him to move 20 ft away and he would be ok with it.. He used OnX to determine this (which is off by about 30 yds on one of my property lines). Also sounds like it was immediately behind the property owners house, This is the part where I would have a problem with - you know you're very close to a property line which is apparently not marked, you're very close to someone else's house and trusting OnX to be that exact. Not saying he should be shot over it, but I'd be pissed off too.

Edited for clarification

DMD

If this is as transparent as it appears, I think so to. The AR guy allowed himself to get too worked up and adrenaline was flowing. He was nervous himself and carrying a firearm and trespassing. That could have ended horribly one way or the other.

AR guy took the wrong approach to address his concerns and I think he finally realized it as you said. The hunter was about as reasonable and calm as could be expected. The hunter did not have to change his location but would likely have been agreeable with a simple conversation and didn't need all the cussing and serious threatening.
Exactly as I saw it.

Latest posts