Food Plots Hot, dry spell

Bucket

Do you guys have a link to view rainfall history for specific weather stations, such as a map view? I want to check local rainfall amounts for a piece of property in the northernmost tip of Putnam county.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I probably got close to 2" the last couple of days. I think it's too late for the beans but should help the corn.

TheLBLman

I feel like I won the lottery in the past 12 hours in Stewart Co.
Had over an inch in middle of night.
Then another half-inch or so about an hour ago.

Prior to last night, seems like nearly everything coming along was barely missing me.

JCDEERMAN

Here's another one. If you zoom in on your farm(s) and click on the spot it returns a rainfall estimate. Can also estimate over multi-hours or days.
Do you know how accurate this one is. I hope it's pretty accurate, because it shows our place got .71"

Boll Weevil

Do you know how accurate this one is. I hope it's pretty accurate, because it shows our place got .71"
I've used it for years and can't recall a time getting measurable rainfall and it not returning an estimate even if it was 0.06 or some other very small amount. That being said I've also never compared against an actual on-site rain gauge.

Last edited:

Andy S.

COCORAHS

C7C82EC1-1512-46BB-89B6-562BAF08FF7C.jpeg

FF71582E-1893-4FFD-9C1B-79BA244945A2.jpeg

JCDEERMAN

Wow, pretty darn accurate. Zoomed in on my place and it said 0.13". Actual measured amount was 0.16"
I'll definitely save this link for reference. I sure hope we got .71". I haven't been there in about 6 weeks due to stuff going on. Getting antsy to check on things

megalomaniac

Not an advertisement, but the 'FarmLogs' app you can install free on your phone, select your actual parcel, and it will send you notifications when you get a rain event and the radar estimated amount for that parcel. It's pretty darn accurate, and again...free for the basic rainfall totals. My farms yesterday got between .59 and 1.19in depending on location.

tellico4x4

Not an advertisement, but the 'FarmLogs' app you can install free on your phone, select your actual parcel, and it will send you notifications when you get a rain event and the radar estimated amount for that parcel. It's pretty darn accurate, and again...free for the basic rainfall totals. My farms yesterday got between .59 and 1.19in depending on location.
I got the free version when you recommended it last year & have been impressed with it. Have weather station at camp & they are always close. The free version only allowed one location so I chose a plot in middle of our 3500 acres.

JCDEERMAN

I tried FarmLogs after you mentioned it last year. It was probably user error, but it doesn't tell me how much rain we got - it just tells me it detected rain at our property, which is still uplifting. It tells me, "We've detected your plots have received at least 1/10" of rains at (insert time). I'll have to go back and see if I can reconfigure

tellico4x4

I tried FarmLogs after you mentioned it last year. It was probably user error, but it doesn't tell me how much rain we got - it just tells me it detected rain at our property, which is still uplifting. It tells me, "We've detected your plots have received at least 1/10" of rains at (insert time). I'll have to go back and see if I can reconfigure
I get the email each morning after a rain that says same. However when I open it, it gives me specific amount received in past 24 hrs (5am-5am)

BSK

Wow, for Wayne County!

Widely scattered similar happened in much of TN past 24 hours,
but all missed my hunting areas. Prospects don't look good again before Sunday evening.
We got nothing. Again.

As you mentioned, next prospect is late Sunday through Tuesday. Although I'm getting real tired of watching "good prospects" evaporate the day the precipitation is supposed to arrive. Since June 6th, we've gotten a grand total of 0.24". My area is becoming a desert.

Latest posts