Food Plots Hot, dry spell

TNlandowner

Do you guys have a link to view rainfall history for specific weather stations, such as a map view? I want to check local rainfall amounts for a piece of property in the northernmost tip of Putnam county.
The NWS site was accurate for May (3" - 3.5") with a measured 3.31". It showed June as 1" - 1.5" on my place in Carroll county. We actually had 0.31" measured by two Accurite devices.

You can create a free Wunderground account to see personal weather station readings near your farm.

BSK

As always, in a rain hole. Have 0.37" so far, with a little more on the way. Not much rain in forecast for the next 2 weeks either. This heat/drought is forecast to continue for at least the next 2 weeks. Some indication of a change in the pattern for August.

BSK

We can only hope! I'll be at the ready to plant come late august
It's going to take so long to recharge the soil moisture in my area that even if we have a wetter August, I'm going to wait until September to plant. In addition, my schedule is super busy in August.

TNTreeman

I'm up in tree a couple times a week, in a pecan today. Im not seeing tons of mast . If your in an area that has had rain and has acorns this fall , you're fortunate. I am seeing some but they are small and not plentiful.

JCDEERMAN

It's going to take so long to recharge the soil moisture in my area that even if we have a wetter August, I'm going to wait until September to plant. In addition, my schedule is super busy in August.
If only we had the rain received here in Nashville out west of here. Went to Knoxville over the weekend. Got seed while there and it rained on us 4 times on the drive back! I sat at a gas station in Crossville for 45 minutes so my seed wouldn't get wet. We are just cursed in Midwest TN.

RS

I'm hoping my property in Humphreys Co got some rain. It's been 2 months since the last rain. I went down Saturday to bush hog my fall plots, and they all looked like I had sprayed them already. I'm really glad I was too busy to plant any spring plots this year. The leaves on the dogwood trees were all wilted, and the poplars were dropping their leaves like it was late fall.
4C29B56E-2806-4FAB-A56A-D25EFB35D80E.jpeg

Smo

We had a light drizzle this morning in N Humphreys Co, and got around 1/2" Sunday night…
The ground is so dry, it sucked the 1/2" up and was dusty again before noon…

I noticed my persimmon trees were dropping persimmons…. Not fully developed, same as the Hickory nuts…

BSK

Received email today from NOAA that our drought would persist for next 3 months....🥺 I'd signed up for notifications a couple weeks ago and this is first I'd received.
I have seen this forecast as well. Basically, these dry conditions will break in October. We shall see. But what is driving it is the La Nina, and this strong La Nina is forecast to persist until early winter.

JCDEERMAN

I don't know if I've ever seen it this bad. Went to our place over the weekend. Complete desert. Buckwheat was about 1 foot tall and brown. Sunn hemp was about 18" tall and brown. 20% of the greenbrier was brown and much of the rest was turning brown. We have 8 watering holes and all have dried up for the exception of one. A couple of those I have never seen dry in the 23 years we have had our place. I think to some extent, another EHD outbreak is inevitable.